ayestaci

Patient Care Summary for Medical

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Looked around for quite a while but couldn't find an answer to this!

I have DQ for my CR-1, just waiting on the embassy getting back and up running with interview appointments. I know for the medical I'll need vaccination records & a patient care summary.

I can't find how recent these need to be. I'm thinking about trying to get them right now, because my doctors surgery is um, notoriously bad at getting things like this together and I've seen it take weeks for some people on here. But if I get them now then my medical isn't for another month or two, will they be considered out of date by then? (Not so much the vaccination records, but the care summary.)

Thanks! Probably overthinking it, but that's what I do. 

CR-1 VISA TIMELINE (LONDON EMBASSY)

26th May 2019 — Married 💕

12th July 2019 — I-130 sent

19th July 2019 — NOA1, assigned Potomac service center

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
21st March 2020 — NVC case number received, all fees paid
25th March 2020 — Fees accepted, DS-260 completed
26th March 2020 — All NVC documents submitted
19th May 2020 — DQ!
2nd June 2020 — Expedite requested (primarily medical reasons) 
5th June 2020 — Expedite approved by embassy
8th June 2020 — Case in transit NVC --> London

9th June 2020 — Call from London to schedule interview

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

22nd June 2020 — Medical confirmed all-clear and sent to embassy (P H E W)

2nd July 2020 — Visa status changed to issue, notification from courier

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

4th July 2020 — Visa/passport received!

11 minutes ago, ayestaci said:

Hey everyone,

I have DQ for my CR-1, just waiting on the embassy getting back and up running with interview appointments. I know for the medical I'll need vaccination records & a patient care summary.

I can't find how recent these need to be. I'm thinking about trying to get them right now, because my doctors surgery is um, notoriously bad at getting things like this together and I've seen it take weeks for some people on here. But if I get them now then my medical isn't for another month or two, will they be considered out of date by then? (Not so much the vaccination records, but the care summary.)

Some GP Surgeries will allow you to download and print your SCR from the online portal, so check there first. You'd want any record to be fairly recent, but the main problem will be the timing of the appointment for Visa Medicals. As you know the medical is only good for 6 months, so you need to be done with the interview and stateside prior to then. With uncertainty as to when you'll receive an appointment, you'd need to be mindful of not squeezing your allowable time before U.K exit. We're at the start of the NVC stage, but are holding off completion until the embassy reopens for visa processing. Some items are time sensitive and we decided to just wait until certainty prevails 

6 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Some GP Surgeries will allow you to download and print your SCR from the online portal, so check there first. You'd want any record to be fairly recent, but the main problem will be the timing of the appointment for Visa Medicals. As you know the medical is only good for 6 months, so you need to be done with the interview and stateside prior to then. With uncertainty as to when you'll receive an appointment, you'd need to be mindful of not squeezing your allowable time before U.K exit. We're at the start of the NVC stage, but are holding off completion until the embassy reopens for visa processing. Some items are time sensitive and we decided to just wait until certainty prevails 

I'm in Scotland, so can't get the SCR form online sadly.

Yeah I'm not so worried about the timing of the medical, I need to wait until I have an interview appointment to book it so medical/interview/departure should all be within a short timeframe of each other anyway. Mostly just getting the forms for the medical and the date on them is my main concern right now. Thanks for the advice! 🙂 

Edited by ayestaci

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
37 minutes ago, ayestaci said:

Hey everyone,

Yes get it now. Some surgeries are slow like you said. It’s not too soon.

Just now, Wuozopo said:

Yes get it now. Some surgeries are slow like you said. It’s not too soon.

Thank you! Will get on it in the morning. 

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

Also consider if you need a GP letter; should your medical history dictate. If so this would be more pressing under the circumstances. 

Just now, Tesco said:

Also consider if you need a GP letter; should your medical history dictate. If so this would be more pressing under the circumstances. 

I think I'm good on this! I'll double check if there's anything on the care summary that might need further explanation and get on that, though. But I think it should be straight forward for me. 

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

You'd know if you qualified for a GP letter without an SCR and would need to get that done quickly as a lengthy wait would be anticipated. Pre COVID-19 days you could go into the surgery and reception would print you an SCR copy there and then. Those days are on pause though... Good luck -)

Fairplay to my doctors surgery, I called them at 9am and my summary + vaccination records were in my email inbox by 10. LOL.

It does mention childhood asthma on there but I did a bit of snooping around the forum and seems most people with asthma that old didn't have to get a GP letter if there were no flare-ups since. Thanks for the help everyone!! 

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, ayestaci said:

Fairplay to my doctors surgery, I called them at 9am and my summary + vaccination records were in my email inbox by 10. LOL.

It does mention childhood asthma on there but I did a bit of snooping around the forum and seems most people with asthma that old didn't have to get a GP letter if there were no flare-ups since. Thanks for the help everyone!! 

Wow, very efficient. Some people on this forum have the worst time with their surgery. One had to make an appointment 3 weeks out just to talk to them on the telephone about what they needed. Some give shots needed for free. Others are charged. How does you shot record look as far as having what you need? 

5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Wow, very efficient. Some people on this forum have the worst time with their surgery. One had to make an appointment 3 weeks out just to talk to them on the telephone about what they needed. Some give shots needed for free. Others are charged. How does you shot record look as far as having what you need? 

Yeah. I’m pleasantly surprised by their speed. 

Better than I thought, actually. Looks like I need a Tdap booster (my last one was over 10 years ago) but that’s all I’m missing since we’re past flu season. My doctors surgery won’t give me it rn since my country is still in lockdown but even if I have to get it at Knightsbridge, one is fine. 

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
19th May 2020 — DQ!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.