CairoBound

Update On our Case Through Cairo - Age Difference

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am writing this as there seems to be some questions on the age difference. There’s a few between my husband and I. It’s been 9 weeks now since the Proof of Relationship had been asked for. Three weeks ago the entire box of Proof of Relationship had been returned with no note or message saying why it was returned. When I called the embassy, I was told that it was no longer needed.

Today an official from the embassy went to my husbands apartment building. He went to the first apartment that he came too and my sister-in-law was coming out the door. The man said he was from the embassy and wanted to ask questions about Hassan and his fiance’. She said – oh you must have the wrong person as Hassan is already married. He asked her a couple more questions, and then he asked to speak to other family members. She brought him upstairs where my husbands two sisters, two brothers, and niece were. He introduced himself and said he wanted to ask questions abut Hassan and his fiancé. They all corrected him and said that he is already married and has been for over one year now. His sister offered the man tea and cake and called Hassan to tell him to leave work and go home. He asked them about the marriage, how many times I had been over there and how long each time, did they approve of the marriage, etc. He tried many times to say that we were not married and every time his family corrected him. Just prior to Hassan making it home, the man from the embassy stood up and said he had no more questions. My husbands sister told him to sit right back down as he was under arrest and could not leave the home until Hassan arrived (hahahahaha – how funny is that). Hassan arrived just as that was taking place and everyone was laughing as he was being forced to stay there. My husband introduced himself and was told that due to the age difference this was why he had to do this in person. He was asked how much money I made in a year, what my profession is, where I worked, what city I lived in, and what state. Hassan asked if he wanted to see pictures of the reception, etc. The man said No – that is not necessary. Hassan no, please sit down and brought the pictures out to show him. He saw all the pictures and saw a picture of my son and the man asked some questions about him. He asked if the two of them got along and if he also went to Egypt with me, etc. The age difference came up again and his family all said that as long as they love each other, age does not matter. They all were questioning me before they met me, but after they met me they knew why we were a good fit for each other. The man left and Hassan went back to work. About 1 ½ hours later the man called Hassan on the phone and asked him our wedding date and if our papers had the raised stamp from the embassy so that they saw all the papers after we were married and after the papers were translated, etc. He said ok- thanks and that was it.

So I guess this is a good sign – at least we are not at the bottom of the pile like I thought. About the interview that was scheduled for tomorrow – the man said that he doesn’t’ have to go. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really think this sounds very promising!! It seems that he is convinced you two have a true and happy relationship other wise he would not have said that your Hassan doesn't have to attent the interview so i think this is really good news!! Keep us updated, and i pray that you will be reunited with your husband soon!! It is a good thing that your husband was so persistant on showing him the proof of your relationship!! I wish you all the best and i hope sooner than later you and your husband will be together so that you can finally start your life together!! (F)

AJ1 (L)

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like Cairo is finally getting off their butts!!! Their visit to your husbands home actually sounds like a very positive thing.....especially since his family only had good things to say. It's your time hun......I'm praying that your husband will have his visa soon. (F)

YALLA CAIRO!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's good that he doesn't need to go to the interview because that would mean that there were still unanswered questions. It's also good the officer ate the cake & drank the tea at their house....it makes things personable and it would be a big Egyptian No No not to issue the visa after eating at his home...........did he ask for more sugar in his tea.....................did he ask to use the bathroom.........JK

On a serious note......your husband & his family answered all the questions and you've provided all the required evidence.....I would think that he's gotta issue the visa........Cairo......just do it already and stop the torture!!

I hope you hear good news soon.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

WoW I am shocked the guy actually travel to your husbands HOME!!! I have never heard of that.. DO they live in Cairo?? And I Agree.. your in laws sound AMAZING!!! lol... Mabrouk to you for having a great family!!!!!!

This DOES sound good.. I wish the best for you..

YALLA CAIRO!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance: now GET UR A$$'s MOVING AND STAMP MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

:thumbs::thumbs:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Field Investigations are common and sometimes they go to your friends, job or neighbors and you never know you had an investigator checking you out unless someone tells you or they visit your home personally. My husband, his family, as well as attendees of our Nikkah were all interviewed. Several members from the African and Islamabad forums had field investigations.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
asked him our wedding date and if our papers had the raised stamp from the embassy so that they saw all the papers after we were married and after the papers were translated, etc.

Can you tell me what this means? :unsure: I don't think we have any raised stamps on our stuff. :help:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This sounds like they may be finishing up your case and with your positive family support there in Cairo I would surely think that visa will be coming out on the passport soon!!!!! Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers for this to be the end and the visa delivered quickly. Ya'll have waited wayyyyy too long. :thumbs:

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Timeline

About the raised Stamp thing - after we were married and translation done - we brought everything back to the american embassy in Cairo as the instructions on our sheet said (sheet that we recevied to tell us the step on how to get married which we received from the embassy in the first place).

The man at the embassy took all papers that we had. The put a little metal round thing which bound all the papers together and put a raised stamp on it. Then he handed everything back to us and said now it's good and smiled and walked away. So when we sent in our paper for the 130 and 129F we sent in copies and it was hard to do with that little metal clip, but I was told never to remove that little thing and always make sure to copy the raised stamp.

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Timeline

Yes, my husband also lives in Cairo. I found out last night when he was able to talk with all his family members that when he went to my sister-in-law he had about 20 photos of different woman and he asked if she could pick me out of the crowd - hahahaha. I sure hope she did.

I had never heard of going to anyones house in person either. I know it's premature, but I was really hoping that maybe we'd hear something today - haha

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Timeline
About the raised Stamp thing - after we were married and translation done - we brought everything back to the american embassy in Cairo as the instructions on our sheet said (sheet that we recevied to tell us the step on how to get married which we received from the embassy in the first place).

The man at the embassy took all papers that we had. The put a little metal round thing which bound all the papers together and put a raised stamp on it. Then he handed everything back to us and said now it's good and smiled and walked away. So when we sent in our paper for the 130 and 129F we sent in copies and it was hard to do with that little metal clip, but I was told never to remove that little thing and always make sure to copy the raised stamp.

Oh ok. I sent in a copy I think so the raised part wouldn't be raised anymore, which is why I was concerned. :blush:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

OMG They went to his house? I wonder if Medo and i will have this same problem we are 21 years apart in age. I am older. But i never met his family on my trip. And they never bring up his marriage to him. They seem to think he made a mistake and it will go away :crying: I wonder if we will go thrugh the same as you? Well we will see if they send him a 221g and have to start that journey

Untitled.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.