Visahelp1

whats the website?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
This is the number they list for visa information: 202-663-1225

I am gonna try it tomorrow when they are open (Eastern time) they were already closed when I tried now...It's certainly worth at least calling to ask! I sent an e-mail to the embassy, but the automatic reply says it could take 3 or more business days to get a reply...

I already have a ticket for Aug 24th (I bought it before we got our NOA2) and it would be SO great (and lucky) if I could be there at the same time...mostly we'd just like to know WHEN the interview will be :)

Will you let me know if you have any success with visa info number. If i dont see an update this monday I think i will call. Thanks and good luck!

Met Dec. 4 2006

1st visit to Russia - Jan. 23-30.

Engaged Jan. 24

CSC recieved and pending - NOA1 March 1

Touched- March 9 - recieved NOA1 hard copy in mail.

2nd visit - March 12 -27

Touched - May 23 (pleeeeeeeeeeeease)

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

May 30th- Petition leaves CSC for NVC.

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

8/22 Interview was a sucess!!!

8/31 We arrive at JFK. Problem free entry.

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/21 Biometrics Appointment

3/29 Received EAD Card

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

So I just called the Department of State, and found out that the embassy already sent the packet 3 to Seryozha, even though he hasn't received it. I also found out that our interview is on August 23rd! So for anyone who has left NVC about 1 week or more ago, they could probably start trying, for us it has been out of NVC for 2 weeks this coming Monday. Wow, just 2 months to prepare!!!!

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
So I just called the Department of State, and found out that the embassy already sent the packet 3 to Seryozha, even though he hasn't received it. I also found out that our interview is on August 23rd!

Great news. It sounds like your travel plans should work out well.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

Congrats!!! Was it a automated system or did you talk to a human? How long were you on hold?? Good luck 8/23!!!!

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

Timeline

I was talking to a live person (I am not sure there is an automated system for visa info?), and I waited about 5 minutes, but I called 8:30 eastern time, right when they open. But when you call, you have to listen to a whole thing about passports for US citizens, then press, 1 for the main menu, THEN listen to the WHOLE menu before you can press 0 to talk to a person. If we left NVC the same day we probably were in the same package, so it might be that we even have the interview the same day :) Let me know when you hear...Thanks for the congratulations. This is the number that you should call: 202-663-1225

-Milena

Участник Русского Форума

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

Timeline
I was talking to a live person (I am not sure there is an automated system for visa info?), and I

-Milena

Exactly the same for me 2+ years ago - about 5 minutes, live person, and they told me the interview date before the case had left the NVC. I called about the same time - ~9 AM EDT.

Allright Milenka!!! Now you've got to put a big red circle around that date on your calendar! GOOD LUCK, and don't sweat it too much, you'll be fine!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Thanks Slim, We are really excited/nervous, and I decided that since I already had a ticket for the 24th, I am gonna change it to the 22nd instead, so that I can be there for the interview (even though I know I will have to wait outside), you know, for support :)

Участник Русского Форума

Timeline

I will call them monday first thing. Hopefully the interview will be the 25th or sooner so she can leave with me on Aug 31!!! Maybe I will see you at the embassy!!! :)

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

Maybe I will see you at the embassy!!! :)

..... I'll be the bored looking guy standing outside.

Do you guys notice other Americans when you're overseas? When I was walking on Red Square one day, I saw three young men walking together and they looked somewhat out of place. I thought to myself "these guys have to be American." Sure enough, when they got a little closer, I could hear in English "I (expletive deleted) love the Hungry Duck. There are so (expletive deleted) many (expletive deleted) there that like to (expletive deleted) and (expletive deleted). I can't (expletive deleted) wait to get to that (expletive deleted) club tonight so we can (expletive deleted) some more dirty (expletive deleted)."

They were in the military too, as evidenced by their "fashionable" hair cuts and choice of sophisticated language.

Sad fact is, we stick out like a sore thumb just about anywhere we go.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Do you guys notice other Americans when you're overseas? When I was walking on Red Square one day, I saw three young men walking together and they looked somewhat out of place. I thought to myself "these guys have to be American." Sure enough, when they got a little closer, I could hear in English "I (expletive deleted) love the Hungry Duck. There are so (expletive deleted) many (expletive deleted) there that like to (expletive deleted) and (expletive deleted). I can't (expletive deleted) wait to get to that (expletive deleted) club tonight so we can (expletive deleted) some more dirty (expletive deleted)."

They were in the military too, as evidenced by their "fashionable" hair cuts and choice of sophisticated language.

Sad fact is, we stick out like a sore thumb just about anywhere we go.

Of course! Well, I do. Americans (well, foreigners) in Russia and Russian immigrants in the States. I can always say.

Timeline

This is my 3rd trip to Vladimir and I havent seen any Americans. Most people in Vladimir tell me I'm the first American they've ever seen. Sometimes I feel like I'm a new animal at the zoo that no ones ever seen before. I think I stick out like a sore thumb, my clothes match and they are not skin tight and i dont wear black socks with my tennis shoes. :lol:

Met Dec. 4 2006

Engaged Jan. 24

2nd visit - March 12 -27

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/29 Received EAD Card

Timeline

Let me know if you are actually gonna have your interview on the 23rd...That would be really funny to meet outside. Hopefully we will have nice weather. I don't stick out in Russia, because my family is Russian, and I don't speak English outside, but I can say that even in Poland I can spot other Americans from miles away. The funniest though are the Germans, that ALWAYS walk in large groups, with their hands behind their backs :) and the British people are always speaking VERY loudly :) I hope that doesn't offend anyone, just some observations...

Участник Русского Форума

Timeline
from miles away. The funniest though are the Germans, that ALWAYS walk in large groups, with their hands behind their backs :) and the British people are always speaking VERY loudly :) I hope that doesn't offend anyone, just some observations...

I was going to say something about Germans sticking out too, but didn't want to offend anyone. There are a good number of Germans and Italians here.

Americans - actually I know of 2 other than me. They are 6 months and 3 years old, so I don't believe that they stick out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.