aj1

Good middle eastern reciepes!

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Moody:

Waw I sure spelled renaissance wrong. :lol: O yes the Renaissance festival is so fun. I listed the following festivals, but I have only been to the one in Holly, which was awesome. Real change from the boring. We walked throu the marketplace, which had village merchants lining every path the. Alot of handcrafted wares. We saw bellydancers, sword swallowers, musicians, comedian, armoured jousting and sword fighters. I am not sure, but your husband, your boys and you might enjoy. I know we did. And for sure, we (I mainly) am not a carnival, festival type person.

MICHIGAN RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL

Holly, Michigan

Starts: 8/18/2007

10:00:00 AM

Ends: 9/30/2007

www.michrenfest.com

SILVER LEAF RENAISSANCE FAIRE

Comstock, Michigan

Starts: 7/7/2007

Ends: 8/5/2007

GILKEYSHIRE RENAISSANCE FAIRE

In cultural center of Flint Mi, Michigan

Starts: 6/16/2007

Ends: 6/24/2007

DERBYSHIRE RENAISSANCE FAIRE

Muskegon, Michigan

Starts: 6/16/2007

Ends: 6/24/2007

Another recipe for Tunezian style

Mloukeyia is a special ragout in Tunezia, unlike the soup made in Egypt.

It is advised to prepare it its use day before, it takes much time to prepare it and cook it too.

In a large pot, to make boil water, you will need some quite ebullient.

powder 200g of mloukhia ( you can just wiz it throu the robocoupe to get it powdery)

2 oil dl,

2 liters of water or more

meat 500g (1lb)(of calf, ox or sheep)

2 spoon with soup of tabel, (close-cropped hanout)

4 bay leaves, salt, garlic, 2 peppers

1 onion

1 large tomato

To start by passing the mloukhia (powder) to the sieve, to make sure that it is not there ball, to start by laying out the powder in your pan, or pot, but trying to use ustensils which do not stick, tefal kind or Teflon, it is important for good to make a success of it.

To pour the olive oil on the powder all while working it,

As soon as it becomes pasty, to pass under soft fire, while stirring up gently. You will see that a little oil to begin á to be extracted from the mixture, then with a ladle add to the fur and á measurement ebullient water. Attention of never stops mixing, if not it will become all into small swell. If ever you miss it and that it becomes too difficult á to mix. To pass it in your robot, by small quantity. I tell you that by what the first time that I prepared it it was thus, but thereafter, I had more experience and I have it succeeds without having á to use my robot.

Once you will have finished water and that it becomes running paste, cover and to let it cook á soft fire.

You can thus leave it during all the evening and before sleeping extinguish fire and leave for tomorrow,

The following day á your awakes light á average fire and to let boil a little. To add after the sheets of bay-tree, a well grated onion, garlic of whole piece or cut into two. To leave during one hour, meanwhile prepare your meat and marinate it with salt, pepper, tabel (7 spices), and crushed garlic, to let rest one moment then add á the sauce.

To let cook 1 hour and halves then add two peppers and a tomato cut into four unquestionable district add also an onion crosses into four.

Check the taste, salt and if necessary add a little tabel (close-cropped hanout) to give more taste.

The mloukhia would lose its sticky aspect, to take that of a cream. To be sure that the mloukhia is well cooked, an oil film covers surface.

To serve it east advises to press a little lemon juice.

This dish is á to be used for the lunch it is too strong for the night.

Edited by Henia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

so as my goodbye dinner last night we went to an egyptian restaurant. i decided to try the slimy green stuff one more try. it was a rabbit dish in a slimy green sauce. definitely not good. but i'm glad i tried it again! :) it was just like a pile of green snot! curious what you think of it, doodle :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
so as my goodbye dinner last night we went to an egyptian restaurant. i decided to try the slimy green stuff one more try. it was a rabbit dish in a slimy green sauce. definitely not good. but i'm glad i tried it again! :) it was just like a pile of green snot! curious what you think of it, doodle :)

:lol: mmmmmm, have any sea urchin to go with it? sea snot and land snot!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

haha yeah,apparently i don't like snotty foods! lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

:lol: Good one Jenn! Sea urchin isnt bad... served all over the Mediteranean. They do make a nice appetizer. You would not even know the difference. My husband used to pick them out of the water and chase me with them. Harmless as they are... looking at the mouth of them (what looks like an eye) gives me shivers... that and snails. I did not like in Algeria. Like blood sucking leeches they remember me of.

BTW the tunezian dish I had before, looked someone stirred henna into the pot and cooked it. Looked totally nasty, but tasted fab! Who knew... of course I closed my eyes :lol:

Edited by Henia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.