Jon and Marilou

Computer Problems

6 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody!

My fiance, Marilou, has been having a lot of trouble with her pc. She has called a technician that said the problem is in the internet connection. The internet service provider says it's her pc. I don't really trust either of them. Does anyone know of a really good computer technician in Angeles City? We can hardly chat anymore because she keeps getting disconnected. If anyone can refer us to a good tech., we would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Jon & Marilou

Welcome, Everyone!!!

WORKING ON I-751.

MUST SEND IT SOON.

Sent I-751 application yesterday 14Jan2010.

USCIS CSC recieved our I-751 application 16Jan2010

recieved I-751 receipt notice 25Jan2010, from USCIS CSC.

Condional resident status is extended for a period of one year.

Recieved my Biometrics appt. today..06feb09

had my biometrics taken for I751 yesterday 24Feb2010

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Find out what kind of Modem (company e.g. US robotics, conecant etc)she has, what OS ( Windows 98 XP etc) Then I can probably give you some adjustments to do on her PC like modem strings, I work for an ISP but I will probably miss thi sthread as I am going to bed so please pm me the details

Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

I also got the same problem actually, i kept getting disconnected on internet after 2 hours. I am not sure what is the cause of the problem because it happened that i brought my pc to a technician and had it reformatted, and at the same time went to my internet company provider since i encountered problem with my phone line. After this two incidents it got fixed. But then again lately, i encountered problem with my pc had it fixed and after that the problem with getting disconnected came back again, well now as i said earlier i am kicked out from internet after 2 hours exactly. Not sure if it is the internet provider or my pc (ummm a lil useless to call my internet provider bec. they cant solve my problem). :cry::dead:

009.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: American Samoa
Timeline
Hey Everybody!

My fiance, Marilou, has been having a lot of trouble with her pc. She has called a technician that said the problem is in the internet connection. The internet service provider says it's her pc. I don't really trust either of them. Does anyone know of a really good computer technician in Angeles City? We can hardly chat anymore because she keeps getting disconnected. If anyone can refer us to a good tech., we would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Jon & Marilou

hi your fiancee, from angeles city if she need help i help her, just email me monriver_love@yahoo.com.ph thanks

Check out this Yahoo group, I am pretty sure there are several expats living in the Angeles City area that may be able to help you. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee had similar problems, more so with internet connection speeds than with disconnects however. She had a tech come by and that fixed the problems. He uninstalled several programs that were running in the background and slowing the system down (they were also accessing the internet and slowing the connection speed down as well), there was an immediate and noticable difference in her online speeds.

What version of Windows is she running?

What is your chat program of choice? Yahoo Messenger, AOL, ICQ, Skype, etc.

How much system memory (RAM) does she have installed?

What kind of hardware is she using to connect to the internet? (motorola cable modem, US Robotics

V.92 phone modem, Ethernet Card model, etc.)

What type of connection is she using? (cable, dialup, dsl, wireless) By you saying she is getting disconnected I am guessing dialup, if this is the case it could be the phone company that is disconnecting her .. also if she has call waiting and it isn't disabled while she is connected to the internet (*70) that would disconnect her as well when someone calls.

Who is her internet service provider and what speed is she connected at.

Does her internet service provider have a FAP (Fair Access Policy).

Tell me these things and I'll try to give advice if I can.

CB

Hey Everybody!

Thank you,

Jon & Marilou

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.