4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I elected to expedite my I765 recently. Shortly after my phone call, my online egov portal said

"...your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXX, was completed."

I received an email saying

"The status of this service request is:
Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly."

Does this mean my expedition request "case" is under review? or does it mean my actual I765 case is under review? 

Edited by waitinggame101

Have you received the email asking you to fax proof? The completed status (the three messages) is just general update letting you know that USCIS has opened an expedite request. You need to fax the proof of evidence to them and then they can actually start to review your case to decide whether to approve or deny your expedite request.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, xin.penguin said:

Have you received the email asking you to fax proof? The completed status (the three messages) is just general update letting you know that USCIS has opened an expedite request. You need to fax the proof of evidence to them and then they can actually start to review your case to decide whether to approve or deny your expedite request.

I see. I have not received any email/letter asking for evidence... its been 5 days. I've ready people calling USCIS and asking to speak to Tier 2 people about this. How can I do that as I seem to get is the one person that picks up the phone and just read the same statmenet and did not know what "case" meant. 

3 minutes ago, waitinggame101 said:

I see. I have not received any email/letter asking for evidence... its been 5 days. I've ready people calling USCIS and asking to speak to Tier 2 people about this. How can I do that as I seem to get is the one person that picks up the phone and just read the same statmenet and did not know what "case" meant. 

You can just call the number and tell the customer service rep that you haven't received the email asking for evidence for five days. And you want to get transferred to a tier 2 offer to ask whether there's anything wrong with it. That's how I did it in the past.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.