MarlinCobon

blurry document

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

hello everyone, so yesterday I submitted all documents and since everything in Guatemala its closed they are doing everything electronically. They sent me a blurry document and that's what I submitted. Today as I was carefully reading the document I noticed you could go online and get a clean version. do you think the blurry document will be rejected?

Documento (6).pdf DONIS OTTONIEL PEREZ ORDOÑEZ (2).pdf

10 hours ago, MarlinCobon said:

hello everyone, so yesterday I submitted all documents and since everything in Guatemala its closed they are doing everything electronically. They sent me a blurry document and that's what I submitted. Today as I was carefully reading the document I noticed you could go online and get a clean version. do you think the blurry document will be rejected?

Documento (6).pdf 136.76 kB · 3 downloads DONIS OTTONIEL PEREZ ORDOÑEZ (2).pdf 288.12 kB · 3 downloads

Go ahead and submit it under additional documents. Just write on the comments to use the clean version.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Just a question, did you translate any documents?

I did not, is not a requirement if they are writing in English or the language of the country from which you are applying.

Please note that all documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country from which you are applying, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that

8 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Go ahead and submit it under additional documents. Just write on the comments to use the clean version.

got it, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Clarification on this subject as it relates to our case: If you have already submitted documents, can you upload additional documents? Does that send you again to the back of the line? 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:51 PM, Ncornejo7 said:

Hello! Clarification on this subject as it relates to our case: If you have already submitted documents, can you upload additional documents? Does that send you again to the back of the line? 

3 hours ago, Gonzalaz said:

•  

I think it does, not so sure though. I once called because I had resubmitted a document and the lady told me it looks like you just submitted the documents although I had submitted previous documents about a week before.

You can, however, upload any documents to additional documents just make sure to write on the comments to use cleaner version of document.

When did you submit documents?

Edited by Ncornejo7

13 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I think it does, not so sure though. I once called because I had resubmitted a document and the lady told me it looks like you just submitted the documents although I had submitted previous documents about a week before.

You can, however, upload any documents to additional documents just make sure to write on the comments to use cleaner version of document.

When did you submit documents?

Hello! Well, so here is our situation: We submitted everything on Dec 23, 2019. On Feb 19 we heard back that all of our documents were approved except for the police certificate. They said it was expired since it was issued over 1 year prior. However, according to the US Dept of State website, a police certificate is still valid if you have not traveled back to the country from which it was issued and that country is your PREVIOUS country of residence (which is our case). So we resubmitted the police certificate with a letter of explanation on Feb 20. We have since obtained an updated police certificate. However, since we already re-submitted, we can't switch out the documents. When I read this exchange above I went and looked, and it does look like I can submit another document under "additional documents." But, since we are probably going to hear back from them any day now, I don't want to get sent to the back of the line if I submit another document under "additional documents."  What do you think? I am also thinking about calling and asking the NVC this question. 

25 minutes ago, Gonzalaz said:

Hello! Well, so here is our situation: We submitted everything on Dec 23, 2019. On Feb 19 we heard back that all of our documents were approved except for the police certificate. They said it was expired since it was issued over 1 year prior. However, according to the US Dept of State website, a police certificate is still valid if you have not traveled back to the country from which it was issued and that country is your PREVIOUS country of residence (which is our case). So we resubmitted the police certificate with a letter of explanation on Feb 20. We have since obtained an updated police certificate. However, since we already re-submitted, we can't switch out the documents. When I read this exchange above I went and looked, and it does look like I can submit another document under "additional documents." But, since we are probably going to hear back from them any day now, I don't want to get sent to the back of the line if I submit another document under "additional documents."  What do you think? I am also thinking about calling and asking the NVC this question. 

Yes call NVC press 1 for english then press 5. I seem to get through quicker that way. Let me know what they say as I am wondering about this too.

54 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Thank you.

I had my mom call because I am in Argentina and don't have a long distance calling plan. I am not sure if the person on the phone really understood what my mom was asking or even if my mom asked it correctly, but he said if we added in the updated police report, it would send us to the back of the line. if you are in the States, maybe you could call too if you have the same question and see what they say?

1 hour ago, Gonzalaz said:

I had my mom call because I am in Argentina and don't have a long distance calling plan. I am not sure if the person on the phone really understood what my mom was asking or even if my mom asked it correctly, but he said if we added in the updated police report, it would send us to the back of the line. if you are in the States, maybe you could call too if you have the same question and see what they say?

Hey, I just called and it does send you to the back of the line. My first documents were sent on march 29th but I submitted additional documents on april 6th so that put me back in line again. So the agent told me when I check on visa time frames to check on april 6th.

10 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hey, I just called and it does send you to the back of the line. My first documents were sent on march 29th but I submitted additional documents on april 6th so that put me back in line again. So the agent told me when I check on visa time frames to check on april 6th.

Thank you for calling and sharing what you learned! That is great that you uploaded those extra docs basically only a week later...so your wait time will theoretically be just one week more! we uploaded on February 20, so I don't think it makes sense for us to upload the updated document and get sent to the back of the line since there is a chance that they will approve us in a few weeks. But, if we get rejected again, of course I will wish I had done it now.....

1 hour ago, Gonzalaz said:

Thank you for calling and sharing what you learned! That is great that you uploaded those extra docs basically only a week later...so your wait time will theoretically be just one week more! we uploaded on February 20, so I don't think it makes sense for us to upload the updated document and get sent to the back of the line since there is a chance that they will approve us in a few weeks. But, if we get rejected again, of course I will wish I had done it now.....

You're not that far off, as of today they're reviewing documents submitted on January 31st. You can check that on nvc.state.gove/timeframes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.