ChimpNL

Medical Exam Vaccination record

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi there,

I have filed for k1 before but due to the coronavirus restrictions am opting for AOS instead now that I'm still legally in the States.

At any rate, I am going for my medical exam this week and I'm supposed to bring my vaccination record. I have it, but it is in Dutch. What do I do about that? Do I need to get it translated before I go in?

Thanks,

Charlotte

8 minutes ago, ChimpNL said:

Hi there,

I have filed for k1 before but due to the coronavirus restrictions am opting for AOS instead now that I'm still legally in the States.

At any rate, I am going for my medical exam this week and I'm supposed to bring my vaccination record. I have it, but it is in Dutch. What do I do about that? Do I need to get it translated before I go in?

Thanks,

Charlotte

Can you explain a bit more? Why and how would you do your medical this week? 

As for your vaccination records, when you say it's in Dutch, do you have the green RIVM booklet? If so you should be fine. 

Timeline

I am doing a medical exam with a civil surgeon here in Texas. It's on a walk in basis so I can just do it whenever. Plan to do it this week. 

I have a picture of the official provincial vaccination sheet with all the dates of all the shots on it. Not by the RIVM tho. 

18 minutes ago, ChimpNL said:

I am doing a medical exam with a civil surgeon here in Texas. It's on a walk in basis so I can just do it whenever. Plan to do it this week. 

I have a picture of the official provincial vaccination sheet with all the dates of all the shots on it. Not by the RIVM tho. 

I'd suggest holding off on the medical because it has an expiration date. It's considered good practice to do your medical when you receive your interview date after you've filed your AOS packet and to bring it to the interview. 

I'm not sure if a picture would be accepted, but you can go here and request one from the RIVM with some English language for free, they also mail it to the US: https://fd10.formdesk.com/rivm/Aanvraag_vaccinatiebewijs

The civil surgeon only needs it to determine of you need some additional vaccines (so basically if you don't have it then you'll have get shots), but I'm not confident a civil surgeon will accept a photo. Either way, it basically is just to save you some money. 

Also when you file your AOS, you don't have to file (and pay for) the I-130. You just add a copy of the NOA1 with your AOS packet instead. 

Timeline

Ah, the expiration date is relative to the interview! I didn't realize that. I thought it was related to the time of filing the AOS package. 

Thank you for that link. You've been most helpful! You Dutch as well? :)

16 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Also when you file your AOS, you don't have to file (and pay for) the I-130. You just add a copy of the NOA1 with your AOS packet instead.

My bad, I assumed you guys were already married and applied for a CR-1. In this case you do have to file I-130 and go through these steps: 

Keep in mind it might be a bit costly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.