MaruMaru

ITALY - CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao guys!

I am submitting this topic as the Coronavirus situation is serious and I need to get in touch with all the Italian beneficiaries (K1/K3) who are about to schedule their appointment at Naples US Consulate during this DIFFICULT period.

I was not able to find a sub-forum so if anyone has some info, please advise me. 

Thank you. 

Timeline

Hi    @Manu8915 . I am following your timeline since I am from Italy too and I’m waiting for NOA2 since December 20. 
I wish you good luck with the interview and hopefully everything here will calm down soon. 
 I hope after the interview you’ll leave a review on how it went in Naples. I’m a bit nervous and reading other people experiences it helps. 

Timeline

Ciao @Manu8915, like @Ali&Ed I am waiting for NOA 2. I am getting concerned about the whole situation regarding the virus... hopefully, eventually, we are going to be able to progress along our journey.

I have been trying to figure something out, but I cannot find any solid information in regards to what's going to happen to our visas... if someone happens to find some information, please share here on the forum 🙏

Wish everybody luck and hopefully we can update each other as things evolve.

Timeline

Ciao @anna.us 👋 For what I can see november approvals are keep coming. I guess nothing had slowed down. Instead for us in Italy it’s more difficult if we gonna get at the point at the interview, gathering all the documents, while in quarantine. 

Hopefully everything will start getting better here. I want to go visit my fiancé after April 3. I already canceled a trip because of the quarantine. 
 Safety first! 

Timeline
Just now, Ali&Ed said:

Ciao @anna.us 👋 For what I can see november approvals are keep coming. I guess nothing had slowed down. Instead for us in Italy it’s more difficult if we gonna get at the point at the interview, gathering all the documents, while in quarantine. 

Hopefully everything will start getting better here. I want to go visit my fiancé after April 3. I already canceled a trip because of the quarantine. 
 Safety first! 

@Ali&Ed thanks for the information!

I agree. My fiancé was considering visiting around Easter time but it won't be possible... we have to stay strong and positive. It's unfortunate we are living this crisis and it happend while waiting for our visa, which is a life-changing process. It's tough but we are here to support each other and we have to push through!

Timeline
On 3/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, Ali&Ed said:

Safety first! 

My main concern is that if the situation keeps evolving this way, they may shut down all the embassies and consulates as they did in China. It’s a possibility, even though they haven’t said anything about it. Hopefully it won’t happen. 

Timeline

@Reyess we gotta pray and hope for the best. All this situations that are happening it’s outside our control. Let’s be patience and keep ourselves healthy! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ali&Ed said:

@Reyess we gotta pray and hope for the best. All this situations that are happening it’s outside our control. Let’s be patience and keep ourselves healthy! 

Totally agree. The situation changes every day, therefore it’s really hard to predict what will happen. It’s a tough moment for everyone. But patience and positivity will be useful! 

Timeline

Okay, guys. I am sorry if I kinda disappeared but you know, I had may other issues to take care of (including to stay healthy 😷). Eventually I found a number that works!!!! And today I got the chance to talk with an operator - which is not a small thing!!!!

I share these numbers with you: +39 06 9480 3777 or for the US 703-543-9310. 

I asked for some information on how to get an extension for my USCIS approval and she said to enquire directly the Consulate of Naples about this matter at this email address NVNaples@state.gov -

I've already known this email but it is very confusing since sometimes the K1 is deemed to be a NON Immigrant VISA and other times an IMMIGRANT one. 

Timeline

Hi guys!

sorry I am answering kid of late on this topic, but I am from Italy too and waiting for my NOA2. I am worried about the situation but as most of you have already said let's try to be patient and positive at all times in this extremely stressful period! I wish the best of luck to everybody. 

stay safe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, Manu8915 said:

Okay, guys. I am sorry if I kinda disappeared but you know, I had may other issues to take care of (including to stay healthy 😷). Eventually I found a number that works!!!! And today I got the chance to talk with an operator - which is not a small thing!!!!

I share these numbers with you: +39 06 9480 3777 or for the US 703-543-9310. 

I asked for some information on how to get an extension for my USCIS approval and she said to enquire directly the Consulate of Naples about this matter at this email address NVNaples@state.gov -

I've already known this email but it is very confusing since sometimes the K1 is deemed to be a NON Immigrant VISA and other times an IMMIGRANT one. 

thank you so much for the informations.

keep us update !

good luck!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone! 

We are new to all of this and almost ready to submit our K1 Visa. After that it is the waiting game to get approved and then the interview in Naples. It seems as though they are still working in the States at the USCIS approving visas but the big question is the embassy in Naples.  Has anyone had their interview cancelled in Naples and/or heard anything of when things will start back up there? 

Ciao!

Chelsea and Valentina 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Chelsea&Valentina said:

Hi Everyone! 

We are new to all of this and almost ready to submit our K1 Visa. After that it is the waiting game to get approved and then the interview in Naples. It seems as though they are still working in the States at the USCIS approving visas but the big question is the embassy in Naples.  Has anyone had their interview cancelled in Naples and/or heard anything of when things will start back up there? 

Ciao!

Chelsea and Valentina 

Hi girls. 
I hope you are doing well. I am one of those ones who is waiting tonschedul the final interview in Naples. Unfortunately the consulate is still closed to the public and accepts only emergency cases. 
Are you waiting for getting the K1 visa approved or starting the whole process?

Timeline
18 hours ago, Manu8915 said:

Hi girls. 
I hope you are doing well. I am one of those ones who is waiting tonschedul the final interview in Naples. Unfortunately the consulate is still closed to the public and accepts only emergency cases. 
Are you waiting for getting the K1 visa approved or starting the whole process?

Well, our case is probably different from most of yours which is why we actually might open a new thread to see if others that were in our situation can give us some advice or share their experience.

As a same-sex couple we were only allowed to join in a civil union in Italy. Knowing that this difference doesn't exist anymore in the US we started out by filing for a spouse Visa (I-130) about 3 months ago. We thought this was the right way but recently I happened to find out that this might be the wrong path for us since a same-sex union is not considered a legal marriage in Italy... so most likely we will have to start all over filing for a K-1 Visa (of course the fee and the time put into the original petition is lost - super frustrating).

Since we now feel like we have "lost" 3 months we are trying to gather all the information about the k-1 while we are tring to contact the USCIS to figure out if for some reason our I-130 petition could still work out for us.

Either way we would need Naples to be working for a potential interview bc the process is pretty similar.

Question about the K-1: we would submit the petition from Italy meaning we would put our trust into Poste Italiane and their fastest way of shipping... would the address for us be the Dallas Lockbox not the one in Lewisville, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.