hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2022 at 8:53 AM, Snore22 said:

My husband did. All your docs are in the system since July 6? 

Congrats. Yes NOS updated on Nov 9 but showing received on July 6 with all other documents. Did you get FR in December. No member updated FR status in December. I thought may be  DOS not working  in December.

7 hours ago, J1WaiverNOS2022 said:

Congrats. Yes NOS updated on Nov 9 but showing received on July 6 with all other documents. Did you get FR in December. No member updated FR status in December. I thought may be  DOS not working  in December.

Yes. My husband got December 8th. Did you try to send an email asking them? Especially because I think it’s over the limit of 16 weeks that they estimate. 
try to contact them and see what happen. Good luck 

On 12/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, Snore22 said:

Yes. My husband got December 8th. Did you try to send an email asking them? Especially because I think it’s over the limit of 16 weeks that they estimate. 
try to contact them and see what happen. Good luck 

Has he received a receipt notice from USCIS yet? FR issued Dec 8th, 2022, over here too. Nothing from USCIs.

3 hours ago, ebimm23 said:

Has he received a receipt notice from USCIS yet? FR issued Dec 8th, 2022, over here too. Nothing from USCIs.

Yes! He received on Monday the receipt notice, and today I checked and his case was approved! 
But mine took a while to receive the receipt notice. You should have yours soon. 

On 12/15/2022 at 10:33 AM, J1WaiverApplicant said:

Yes. Following is my timeline:

Documents sent to DOS: Late May, 2022

All documents but NOS reflected as received in DOS' system: June, 6 2022

NOS sent by Embassy: June, 16 2022

NOS reflected as received in DOS' system (with receipt date appearing as 'June, 16 2022') after several emails I sent to DOS: November, 7 2022

A Congressman's Office submitted an inquiry into my case (It took 3 weeks for them to make their inquiry from the time I first contacted them): November, 13 2022 

'Favorable Recommendation' granted by DOS (I did not receive a hard copy of their verdict): November, 16 2022

USCIS received my case I-612: November, 23 2022

USCIS approved my case I-612: December, 13 2022

I wish everyone good luck! The entire process took 6-6.5 months in my case.

Hi what visa are you on when you received your FR? Thanks!

On 12/21/2022 at 7:05 PM, Snore22 said:

Yes! He received on Monday the receipt notice, and today I checked and his case was approved! 
But mine took a while to receive the receipt notice. You should have yours soon. 

You were right. An agent was not able to locate the case number online (through the uscis chat feature), however I received the notice in the mail just the following day! 

My timeline so far: 

July 22, 2022 - DS3035 Package received 

October 3, 2022 - NOS Sent to DOS 

October 4, 2022 - Waiver docs complete 

December 8, 2022 - FR by DOS 

December 15, 2022 -  I-612 Case accepted by USCIS 

December 16, 2022 - Case received at another USCIS office 

December 22, 2022 - USCIS Notice received in the mail 

Anyone here still waiting to hear back on their (NOS-based) waiver application? If so, could you share your timeline? 

Here is my timeline so far:

August, 18 2022         - DS-3035 Package received

September, 13 2022  - NOS Sent

October 20, 2022      - Emailed DOS about NOS update on WRS

October 21, 2022      - Waiver docs complete

January 3, 2023         - Emailed DOS for case status and received standard reply

Janurary 3, 2023        - Emailed Congressman

Also January 3, 2023 -  😰😪🥵😭😭😞

Edited by BPAN
Date Change

I received my J1 waiver approval notice last year, but recent case status shows something weird.

The history said they couldn't deliver it but I have a receipt notice and approval notice in my hands.

Would it be a problem when I apply for H1B?

Emma USCIS didn't give me clear answer.

Anyone knows what to do?

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.f63c0bd51cc4985667115c787991b864.png

On 12/23/2022 at 12:36 PM, hudsonwinter said:

Hi what visa are you on when you received your FR? Thanks!

F-1 STEM OPT (My 2 year extension will expire in May, 2023). My employer has now filed an H1-B petition with USCIS on my behalf, using premium processing. I am now waiting on the approval of my H-1B change of status. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:20 PM, BPAN said:

Anyone here still waiting to hear back on their (NOS-based) waiver application? If so, could you share your timeline? 

Here is my timeline so far:

August, 18 2022         - DS-3035 Package received

September, 13 2022  - NOS Sent

October 20, 2022      - Emailed DOS about NOS update on WRS

October 21, 2022      - Waiver docs complete

January 3, 2023         - Emailed DOS for case status and received standard reply

Janurary 3, 2023        - Emailed Congressman

Also January 3, 2023 -  😰😪🥵😭😭😞

I have the same exact timeline as you - emailed congressman the same date as well. Received the standard "we will process FIFO" response 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.