GregandNatty

In General, How Does the NVC Process Compare to the USCIS Process?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I'm curious in general what the difficulty of the NVC process is compared to the USCIS process.     I received my NOA2 today, so I'm starting to research the next steps.

Thanks

In most cases people upload their documents wrongly  , make sure everything is correctly before uploading. ( Every time your document(s) get rejected , you go back in wait line and have to wait  more and more (6 to 9 weeks)

1) Make sure  passport photo is in correct shape and size before uploading.

2) I recommend you to upload IRS transcript and not tax return , They accept both but it's better to upload IRS  transcript , if you upload Tax return make sure Blank Papers are included.

3) Make sure every single document is obtained from the place NVC requires , Sometimes some countries have different places where you can obtain same documents but you should obtain it from the place NVC REQUIRES you to do. 

4) Make sure you have certified Translation if document is  not written in English and include Original , and Certified Translation together.

5) Upload Documents in PDF. 

I think it is most common mistakes people make Check this website for list by country provided by each embassy , where to obtain right documents.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html  

Congratulations on your NOA2. It takes about 6 weeks from the USCIS approval, for them to send to NVC and for the NVC to then add you to their system and assign a case number; issue Welcome Letter etc. Here is a link to NVC time frames for adding your case and then reviewing, once you've done your work:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

This would be a good time to get police certificates, assemble all documentation, (multi page documents to one file) whilst observing orientation and keeping file size below 2mb. You can get your tax transcript, W-2 and I-864(EZ) ready to go.

Our NOA1 timeline is very similar to yours, with an exact transfer date from the NSC to the VSC. We had an RFE, which was quickly replied to, so hopefully just a few weeks behind you.  I've already ordered the tax return transcript, and completed  financial and civil documents, apart from police check as this is time sensitive. I guess getting everything done, (as much as is possible), means you can hit the ground running once the NVC give the green light. 

Edited by Tesco

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.