apellica

Completed SLEC Medical Exam - Received 2 Vaccinations but 1 Left to do?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

My fiancée finished her Day 2 of the medical exam and got her brown envelope, CD, receipt, and immunization record from SLEC.  She also received 2 vaccinations.  However, they gave her a form or something that says she needs to still get her Polio Vaccine.  They said she can get the vaccine at her local private hospital/clinic in General Santos City where she lives/works.  Now this raises a couple of questions for me:

1.) Did she fully pass her medical exam?

2.) Why didn’t SLEC provide the Polio Vaccine to her right then and there?

Her interview with the US Embassy is tomorrow!  I’m hoping everything turns out well as we are both excited to move on with our lives together.

Thank you in advance!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, apellica said:

Hi All,

My fiancée finished her Day 2 of the medical exam and got her brown envelope, CD, receipt, and immunization record from SLEC.  She also received 2 vaccinations.  However, they gave her a form or something that says she needs to still get her Polio Vaccine.  They said she can get the vaccine at her local private hospital/clinic in General Santos City where she lives/works.  Now this raises a couple of questions for me:

1.) Did she fully pass her medical exam?

2.) Why didn’t SLEC provide the Polio Vaccine to her right then and there?

Her interview with the US Embassy is tomorrow!  I’m hoping everything turns out well as we are both excited to move on with our lives together.

Thank you in advance!

1.   Yes she completed the medical, she has the brown envelope and DS-3025 (keep this safe, it will be needed for AOS later).

2.  What box is checked next to the POLIO vaccine ?    (not age appropriate)      Not sure why they included the note, my guess is because it is "not age appropriate" SLEC is not required to administer the vaccine .. but they feel she should have the vaccine.  

With that said, I see no issue with completing the interview tomorrow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

1.   Yes she completed the medical, she has the brown envelope and DS-3025 (keep this safe, it will be needed for AOS later).

2.  What box is checked next to the POLIO vaccine ?    (not age appropriate)      Not sure why they included the note, my guess is because it is "not age appropriate" SLEC is not required to administer the vaccine .. but they feel she should have the vaccine.  

With that said, I see no issue with completing the interview tomorrow.

Thank you Hank.  I just talked to my fiancee and she sent me a copy of the Vaccination Worksheet.  Under Polio, both CPV and IPV are unchecked.  However, they are given a status of "D" for each one which stands for "Not Routinely Available".  All the K-1 Visa applicants were told that they are required to get the Polio Vaccine before entering the USA.  So now, we need to find a local hospital in her area that will give her the vaccine and certificate showing she took it.

She has a 7:00am interview appointment.  How early should she arrive at the US Embassy?

Thank you again!

event.png

Timeline
18 minutes ago, apellica said:

Thank you Hank.  I just talked to my fiancee and she sent me a copy of the Vaccination Worksheet.  Under Polio, both CPV and IPV are unchecked.  However, they are given a status of "D" for each one which stands for "Not Routinely Available".  All the K-1 Visa applicants were told that they are required to get the Polio Vaccine before entering the USA.  So now, we need to find a local hospital in her area that will give her the vaccine and certificate showing she took it.

She has a 7:00am interview appointment.  How early should she arrive at the US Embassy?**

Thank you again!

If the Polio vaccination is being required I wonder why SLEC doesn't have it.    (just a curious question)      Not sure you need a hospital to get the vaccination.

** There should be a website guide with these details ...

(this is a quote from the embassy website)

INTERVIEW DAY
In the embassy's continuing efforts to ensure the highest level of customer service, the Immigrant Visa unit has implemented a new appointment system designed to minimize applicant wait time.

Immigrant Visa interviews will be scheduled at 6:45 am, 7:30 am, 8:15 am and 9:00 am. Embassy personnel will facilitate entry of immigrant visa applicants 15 minutes prior to their respective interview time slot.

All applicants who arrive earlier than 15 minutes before their interview time will be asked to wait outside the Embassy premises (this area is over by the pedestrian bridge).

NO ELECTRONICS of any type allowed in the embassy!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I feel the same way Hank.  Yeah, I'm sure we can find a clinic somewhere they can give the vaccination.  We will just need to some research on that.  Thank you for the Interview Guidelines.  Will definitely pass this along to my fiancee.

Thanks again! 

event.png

Was she given the polio vaccine as a kid? Was she asked about that or anything related to polio?

Maybe it's because of the new outbreak. However I do know of a couple people who did their medical exam recently ( 3 to 4 wks ago) and had no issues with polio vaccine. They did get 3 shots though MMR TDAP and rubella

Edited by noypi321

Timeline
13 hours ago, noypi321 said:

Was she given the polio vaccine as a kid? Was she asked about that or anything related to polio?

Maybe it's because of the new outbreak. However I do know of a couple people who did their medical exam recently ( 3 to 4 wks ago) and had no issues with polio vaccine. They did get 3 shots though MMR TDAP and rubella

Like you said, it might because of the new outbreak or possibly they ran out of the vaccine temporarily?  Who knows, but it's now something we must get.

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, slp said:

Attached image is the notice we received in regards to the polio vaccination.

Thank you.  Yes, she will be going to the Bureau of Quarantine next week to get the vaccine and certificate.

event.png

Timeline

That is from the Philippines government, it appears they want that done before you travel.   It is not part of the medical for the visa, and most likely why SLEC doesn't give the polio vaccination.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

That is from the Philippines government, it appears they want that done before you travel.   It is not part of the medical for the visa, and most likely why SLEC doesn't give the polio vaccination.

Hi Hank any idea why some people are given that paper and others not?

Is that mandatory now? Would other visa holders have a problem leaving without the vaccine?

Timeline
2 hours ago, noypi321 said:

Hi Hank any idea why some people are given that paper and others not?

Is that mandatory now? Would other visa holders have a problem leaving without the vaccine?

I do not have a clue, you are the first to have mentioned it.   That letter is from the Philippine government not the embassy, so I do not know if they will be looking for a vaccination record at the airport.

Only reason I can think of why some may get the letter and others don't is because some got the vaccination as a children.  Seriously I don't have a clue.  Being some get the letter and some don't makes me wonder if they even check at the airport .. I am clueless  on that.   <<  you can report back on your experience once y'all are in the states.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.