8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I never received the hard copy from them but I printed out the approval from their web site and I also have an email from them notifying me of the approval. Is this good enough to submit when we do the AOS? I sure hope so because they want $340 just to print another one and mail it.

Thanks,

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

when did you got approved !!! cuz sometimes take a while to receive the approval notice from them ..

maybe it will take about 1 to 2 weeks to get it but dont stop by that saying call them and tell them that u received nothing till now..

good luck and congratulations for ur approved.

Edited by Sand

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Timeline
when did you got approved !!! cuz sometimes take a while to receive the approval notice from them ..

maybe it will take about 1 to 2 weeks to get it but dont stop by that saying call them and tell them that u received nothing till now..

Hi Sand,

We got approved on May 3rd, 2007. More than likely the postman put in the wrong mailbox. USCIS doesn't really that we didn't receive it as long as I pay the $340 to get a copy which I'm not going to do. This is insane to ask someone to pay that amount for someone to print and mail something that they already have on their computers.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Sand,

We got approved on May 3rd, 2007. More than likely the postman put in the wrong mailbox. USCIS doesn't really that we didn't receive it as long as I pay the $340 to get a copy which I'm not going to do. This is insane to ask someone to pay that amount for someone to print and mail something that they already have on their computers.

Charlie

My husband misplaced our NOA2 for the I-129F and we had to send in the I-824 form and pay $200 to get one sent to us. I just looked on the form on the USCIS website and the fee still seems to be $200 so why are you going to have to pay $340? Also, have you tried having your fiance call USCIS or make an infopass appointment (don't know if they can do that for I-129F's) and let them know you never got your NOA2, that way, they might say ok, we'll send you another one (make sure they have your correct address). If they refuse to send you one, I don't think you have a choice in requesting a new form and paying for it. It sucks and is frustrating as hell, but that's the government for ya. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Oh and if you have to send for one, do it soon because it took them over 4 months to send us ours.

Edited by Karly-n-Bruce

Timeline

Hi Sand,

Charlie

My husband misplaced our NOA2 for the I-129F and we had to send in the I-824 form and pay $200 to get one sent to us. I just looked on the form on the USCIS website and the fee still seems to be $200 so why are you going to have to pay $340? Also, have you tried having your fiance call USCIS or make an infopass appointment (don't know if they can do that for I-129F's) and let them know you never got your NOA2, that way, they might say ok, we'll send you another one (make sure they have your correct address). If they refuse to send you one, I don't think you have a choice in requesting a new form and paying for it. It sucks and is frustrating as hell, but that's the government for ya. :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Oh and if you have to send for one, do it soon because it took them over 4 months to send us ours.

I saw the fee rate on the new rate sheet that goes into effect on July, 30th this year. I'm going to try to call them one more time and hopefully I get a different person that is a little more cooperative.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Karly-n-Bruce,

Someone in authority told you that you "had to"? Or you did it because you thought you had to?

Yodrak

No one in authority told us we had to. The I-485 asked for a copy of our NOA2 for the I-129F and we lost it, so we did what we thought was necessary in order to get a copy of it. I don't know what would have happened had we not sent it in or sent in a printed copy of our "online status".

I saw the fee rate on the new rate sheet that goes into effect on July, 30th this year. I'm going to try to call them one more time and hopefully I get a different person that is a little more cooperative.

Charlie

Wow. We thought paying $200 was bad for a piece of paper, $340 is ridiculous! :blink:

Filed: Timeline

Karly-n-Bruce,

Karly-n-Bruce,

Someone in authority told you that you "had to"? Or you did it because you thought you had to?

Yodrak

No one in authority told us we had to. The I-485 asked for a copy of our NOA2 for the I-129F and we lost it, so we did what we thought was necessary in order to get a copy of it. I don't know what would have happened had we not sent it in or sent in a printed copy of our "online status".

Thanks for the clarification. You did have to send something, and an explanation of "we lost it" might not go over to well. But your situation needs to be distinguished from the sitauation where 'we never received it'.

Charlie

Wow. We thought paying $200 was bad for a piece of paper, $340 is ridiculous!

Recognize that you are not paying for the piece of paper - you are paying for the cost of having to retrieve the records and then generate a new piece of paper. I don't know how long it takes for someone to do that but I agree that $340 seems like a lot for what it should take even when applying a fully loaded labor rate.

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.