sam1896

Renew Moroccan Passport

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

consular card number is passport number (upper right )/your will not keep the same number when renewed

family book number is lower right 

send these and return overnight envelope

all goes to the embassy and onto Morocco and back to embassy

they ail the new and old one back to you in the envelope you provide (says expediate mail -overnight by US standards)

21 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

consular card number is passport number (upper right )/your will not keep the same number when renewed

family book number is lower right 

send these and return overnight envelope

all goes to the embassy and onto Morocco and back to embassy

they ail the new and old one back to you in the envelope you provide (says expediate mail -overnight by US standards)

Hmm, I’m not finding the family book number on passport..

This is what I’m finding on the Moroccan consulate site. Do I have to do this before I can register at the consulate and renew my passport?

"The family Book or “Livret d’Etat Civil” has to be issued at the place of birth of the father. A money order of $18.45 payable to the Consulate of Morocco to cover the fee for Wakala & certified documents. If you were born in the USA it will be issued by this Consulate General othrwise, please send the following documents to someone in your place of birth along with a certified power of attorney (please download wakala below) to get you one. You need to send him/her the following documents that should be certified by this Consulate prior to sending them:

• Moroccan or Islamic Marriage certificate. 
  • Birth certificates of both parents. 
  • Copy of CIN of both parents
  • 1 Passeport photos of the Father
  • Fees for returning your mail are not included in the fees above. To ensure the reception of your document, please include a prepaid express mail or priority mail envelope obtained from the post office. Please note that this is the only mailing method accepted. Thank you."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.