HispanicLover

AFTER NOA2 Dominican Republic Santo Domingo

16 posts in this topic

Dominican Republic AFTER NOA2

For the DR you schedule all of your appointments yourself.

Once you receive the NOA2, you can complete the DS-160 https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx  pay the fee of $265 and proceed with scheduling your VAC and the Consular Interview (Visa Interview).  https://www.ustraveldocs.com/.  

(No need to wait for the NVC number.  Other countries require the NVC number but the Dominican Republic does not. I’m not sure why people on here state that you have to wait until the NVC states that the case is in ready status on Ceac, that’s not true at least not for DR) 

You cannot schedule the VAC or Consular Interview until you have paid the fee for DS-160 because you will need the receipt number to register your appointment. I scheduled our Consular Interview 2 days after receiving the NOA2 but make sure that you schedule it in a timeframe that will allow NVC to do their due diligence (2 months at least) When trying to schedule Consular Interview if there are no available appointments you will need to check back a few times a day to see if any appointments are available. DO NOT sign in more than 2-3 times per day or your account will be locked for 72 hours. (You may also try calling the Embassy to confirm no appointments are available as I have heard from a few people that the system was not updating and they were able to schedule over the phone.) When you sign in it shows on the left hand side when there are appointments available. Once you see available appointments on the left of the screen you can proceed to schedule the interview. You will first schedule the VAC appointment and then the Consular Interview.

I recommend you complete the Medical Exam the same day of your VAC appointment and at least 3 weeks prior to the Consular Appointment. Just know that you cannot complete the Medical Exam until you received the email from NVC as that document is mandatory in order to complete the exam so keep that in mind when planning for the Medical Exam and scheduling the VAC appointment if you plan to do them on the same day. This requirement is not stated on any documentation you receive.

*If your fiancé does not have his vaccination records from childhood, I recommend going to a public center first to get them, because they will be much cheaper or even free versus having them do it at the medical exam.*

Once you have your NVC number you can begin to track your case at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ when checking status you want to check under the Immigrant Visa not the Non-Immigrant Visa.

Also don't forget to get the police report within 2 weeks of the interview. This can be obtained at online at the website https://portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do/ConsultasEnLinea/ConsultarCertificado The report will be emailed for you to then print.

Medical Exam

Approved Physicians:

Consultorios de Visa Servicios Médicos Consulares
www.consultoriosdevisa.com
Avenida Independencia 254 
Corner with Danae Street, sector de Gazcue Sector Bella Vista
Santo Domingo
Telephone: 809-685-1587

Servicios Médicos Consulares 
www.smc.net.do
Calle Bohechio 17
Sector Bella Vista
Santo Domingo
Telephone: 809-533-2200
*$275 for exam at this location not including any vaccinations.*

You do not need to schedule a medical appointment in advance. Both clinics accept walk-in customers. However, because the results of the medical examination can take several days to receive, we recommend that you go at least three weeks before your interview date at the Consular Section in order to avoid delays in the processing of your visa.

Items to bring to your medical examination

The doctor will need the following items to complete the medical exam forms:

• Your visa interview appointment letter,
  • Your passport,
  • Your national identification card, and
  • A copy of your immunization records.
  • DS-160 confirmation page
  • NVC email with NVC#

These requirements apply to all members of your family who plan to accompany you to the United States. Any medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, must be paid directly to the examining physician. The examination may reveal a need for further tests, which may have additional charges.

During the medical exam

The medical examination will include a medical history review, physical examination, and chest X-ray, gonorrhea test, and blood tests (for applicants 15 years of age or older). The United States also requires tuberculosis (TB) testing for all applicants two years of age and older. Please be prepared to discuss your medical history, medications you are taking, and current treatments you are undergoing.

After the medical exam

If the doctor gives you exam results in a sealed envelope, DO NOT OPEN THIS ENVELOPE. Instead, bring it to your visa interview. However, for certain medical conditions the results will be sent directly to the embassy. Any x-rays taken will be given to you. You DO NOT need to bring the x-rays to your visa interview, unless you suffer from tuberculosis (TB). However, you must carry the x-rays with you when you travel to the United States for the first time. The medical report must be less than six months old when you enter the United States as an immigrant.

Pre-Interview checklist

Please use the list below to determine the items that every applicant must bring to the immigrant visa interview:

• A copy of your NVC interview letter (does not apply to Diversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants).
  • Unexpired passport valid for six (6) months beyond your intended date of entry to the United States and a photocopy of the biographic page (where your name and photo are located).
  • National ID card (cedula de identidad personal) for all applicants age 16 and older.
  • Confirmation page from the Form DS-260 Application for an Immigrant Visa you submitted online at ceac.state.gov/iv.
  • Your original birth certificate (ACTA INEXTENSA) Medical examination results in a sealed envelope (if the physician gives you these results).
  • Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is not accompanying).

These are the instructions we received once appointments were scheduled:

Instructions

You have scheduled an appointment for an immigrant visa to the United States. Most applicants will have an appointment at the Visa Application Center (VAC), followed by an appointment at the Embassy. Please review the below important information carefully. By coming prepared, we will be able to provide you with the best service possible.

For a Visa Application Center (VAC) appointment

A valid passport

VAC appointment letter

DS-260 or DS-160 (K/fiancé(e) visas) confirmation page

For a Consular Interview

§  DS-260 or DS-160 (K/fiancé(e) visas) confirmation page

§  Medical Report (no X-ray films or discs)

§  Police Certificate

§  Original of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree (for petitioner & beneficiary)

§  Affidavit of Support: Forms I-134, I-864A, Federal tax returns, W-2s and job letter (if not already submitted to the NVC)

§  Documents demonstrating your relationship with the Principal Applicant

For SB-1or returning resident visa, for your first appointment in the Consular Section

*       Completed Form DS-117

*       Payment for the fee of US $180 or the equivalent in Dominican pesos (to be made at the cashier in the Consular Section)

*       A valid passport

*       LPR card

*       Evidence to demonstrate that your protracted stay outside of the U.S. was for reasons beyond your control

*       For applicants who received a letter requesting more evidence

This letter is valid for one year. You need to submit the requested documents as soon as possible to avoid expiration of your medical report and your visa application. 

When should I arrive?  
You should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. Arriving on time—not too early and not too late—will guarantee you the fastest service.

How will I collect my visa once it is issued?
Your appointment letter lists the pick-up location you chose when making the appointment. If your application is successful, you will receive an email when the passport and the visa package are ready to be collected. To collect your passport and visa package, you must bring an original government-issued photo ID and a photocopy of the ID. More information is available at: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/do-gen-faq.asp#qlisttrackpass.

What else do I need to know?
Answers to other frequently asked questions can be found at
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/do-gen-faq.asp. To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to support-dominicanrepublic@ustraveldocs.com
or call 1-829-956-5144.

From the United States, please call 1-703-988-3410. There is no public information window at the Visa Application Center or the Embassy.

If your name or date of birth in your passport is different from your previous passport or visa, please provide evidence documenting this change along with your application materials.

Parking

The Visa Application Center is located at Galeria 360 shopping center in Santo Domingo, and free parking is available.

The U.S. Embassy does not provide parking facilities for visa applicants. There is very limited parking available near the Embassy in private, for-pay lots.

What items can I bring?
You should bring only the required documents in an unsealed plastic bag or folder. Mobile phones and most purses/bags are not permitted. We do not provide a facility for storage of any items.

What items are prohibited?

The following items will not be allowed into the Visa Application Center or the Embassy:

*       Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablet computers, digital watches, pagers, cameras, video recorders, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, radios, floppy disks, laptops or portable music players

*       Firearms, weapons, or explosive materials of any kind

*       Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives, or nail files

*       Pepper spray (mace)

*       Aerosol spray

*       Large bags or luggage

*       Food and liquid items

*       Sealed envelopes or packages

*       Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters

*       Flammable liquids

Note: This list of prohibited items is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. All visitors will be screened with handheld or walk-through metal detectors. These are safe for all, including pregnant women and those with cardiac pacemakers.

Who can attend the interview?

Only visa applicants with an appointment will be admitted to the Embassy. The only exceptions are the following:

*       Both parents or legal guardians of minor applicants (younger than 18 years old);

*       The petitioner in an immigrant visa case;

*       A person assisting an elderly or disabled applicant;

*       A translator accompanying an applicant who does not speak English or Spanish;

*       An official representative or manager of a musical group, athletic group, or other type of group such as for H, J, and P applicants;

*       An employer accompanying an applicant seeking a B1 visa as a domestic employee; or,

*       Any other person specifically requested by a consular officer (must present either a 221(g) letter requesting their presence or an email from the Visa Unit).

What happens if the visa is approved?

If your visa is approved, you will leave your passport at the Embassy. When the visa is printed and ready for pickup or en route via premium delivery, you will receive an email at the address registered in your profile.

Hours of operation at the Visa Application Center for passport pick up are Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.  Hours for Mailboxes, Etc. locations can be found at:

www.mbe.com.do

Please note that passports not collected from the pick up location or delivered via premium delivery within 14 calendar days will be returned to the U.S. Embassy and you will need to arrange to pick up your passports/documents directly from the Consular Section.

To collect your returned passport/visa you are required to show present the following:

*       A copy of this letter;

*       A valid government ID (cédula);

*       Representatives must bring an original letter of authority from you authorizing the pickup plus a photocopy of your ID and the original of the representative’s ID. 

Important Notice

Entry of aliens who were present in China, excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, within 14 days prior to their arrival at the port of entry in the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamation. If you reside in China, have traveled to China recently, or intend to travel to China prior to your planned trip to the United States, we recommend you postpone your visa interview appointment until 14 days subsequent to your departure from China.

Dominican Republic AFTER NOA2.pdf

event.png

Thanks great info! I think some people may be told different information in regards to having the NVC number in order to schedule an interview. The first few times we called trying to schedule that is the same answer they gave me. That I had to have an NVC number and today I called and was not even asked for it. I tried scheduling online and the dates would not show up for me ever, which is why I went the phone route. Wish I knew the NVC number really was not needed maybe I could have pressed to get an appointment instead of waiting. 

10 minutes ago, jporron said:

Thanks great info! I think some people may be told different information in regards to having the NVC number in order to schedule an interview. The first few times we called trying to schedule that is the same answer they gave me. That I had to have an NVC number and today I called and was not even asked for it. I tried scheduling online and the dates would not show up for me ever, which is why I went the phone route. Wish I knew the NVC number really was not needed maybe I could have pressed to get an appointment instead of waiting. 

I think it's standard practice to say that NVC# is needed because in most countries it is. Honestly I feel like the DR is one of the easiest to schedule and move forward once NOA2 is received but only if you do your research because there is not very clear information as to when and how you move forward. Most of the information that I received from USCIS and NVC made it seem that I needed to wait for further instructions which is not true because we never received any instructions. I honestly don't know how people could do any of this without error unless they researched it. That is why I put all of this information here for others to see. I notice many people that have received their NOA2 long before me still are not scheduled. I think it's possibly because they are waiting for notice of next action and sadly they won't get notice. I asked hundreds of questions to previous DR filers so I could be prepared. Even the information I received from them highly differed.

So you were able to get the interview schedule over the phone when the website showed no available appointments?

event.png

Yes I agree with doing the research as well, this site has helped me tremendously! Once I called I was able to schedule, the lady gave me available dates and sent us a confirmation email. Although I would suggest if anyone gets told they need an NVC number to not just accept that answer since appointments fill up fast. I would clarify that your doing a K1 visa or ask to speak to someone else. I am not sure if maybe there was confusion or why I was told no the first few times. Although I stated I was scheduling a K1 visa Interview. If the website works, I would go that route. Every time I logged on I always got the there are no available appointments. Which is why I chose to call.

Edited by jporron

10 minutes ago, Mer18 said:

Application Receipt/Petition Number Error is the number starting with WAC or SDQ?

On what form are you referring to?

event.png

I'm not really sure where to add this bit of information but it was very helpful for me regarding insurance for immigrants in the US. I have been searching the web, asking multiple forums and making several calls trying to figure out if my fiancé would be able to use the Marketplace to shop for insurance on a K1 visa. This article from healthinsurance.org answered all of my questions and some. Hopefully this information will be of use to others with the same questions.

https://www.healthinsurance.org/obamacare/how-immigrants-are-getting-health-coverage/

event.png

4 hours ago, Mer18 said:

Application Receipt/Petition Number Error is the number starting with WAC or SDQ?

It looks like you just received your NOA1 in January. Are you trying to track your I-129F status? If so it would be your WAC number.

2 hours ago, Rdr said:

It looks like you just received your NOA1 in January. Are you trying to track your I-129F status? If so it would be your WAC number.

I know but i was asking for someone else 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My fiancé has his interview in May, however, we haven't been able to do his medical exam due to the COVID-19. We're hoping we can do it in April, when Consultorios de Visas opens back up. He does not have his vaccination records from childhood and was actually planning on doing what you suggested (going to a public center and getting them done) but, I am hesitant as I read he can ONLY get his vaccinations from approved physicians. Is this what you did? 

I have never heard of the vaccinations having to be done by an approved physician only the actual exam. I think you might be misinformed or maybe misunderstood.

event.png

On 3/27/2020 at 11:49 AM, HispanicLover said:

I have never heard of the vaccinations having to be done by an approved physician only the actual exam. I think you might be misinformed or maybe misunderstood.

So the actual medical examination needs to be done by an approved physician but, the vaccinations can be done at a public center is what your saying? This whole process can be confusing at times.. Thank you for replying, I appreciate it!☺️ Btw how long in advance did your fiance do his medical? My fiancé called Consultorios de Visas and they're still closed due to the global pandemic. The good news is our interview date hasn't been cancelled..I just want to make sure he has enough time to do his medical exam.

18 hours ago, Jenn2020 said:

So the actual medical examination needs to be done by an approved physician but, the vaccinations can be done at a public center is what your saying? This whole process can be confusing at times.. Thank you for replying, I appreciate it!☺️ Btw how long in advance did your fiance do his medical? My fiancé called Consultorios de Visas and they're still closed due to the global pandemic. The good news is our interview date hasn't been cancelled..I just want to make sure he has enough time to do his medical exam.

Yes, only the Medical Exam must be completed by approved physician. He completed the exam in February.

When did you schedule your interview?

event.png

1 hour ago, HispanicLover said:

Yes, only the Medical Exam must be completed by approved physician. He completed the exam in February.

When did you schedule your interview?

May 11, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.