sl1pstream

Public Charge: English and other language skills

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I've been looking through the i944 and it seems to require documentation that you've studied English. While we were taught English in school, I don't have an actual certification, other than report cards that have English listed as one of our classes. Would this be enough or do I need to enroll in ESL classes and just deal with the cost that comes with those, even though they'll probably just go over things I've already learned at school?

I'm not even going to try to put Dutch on there, because even though it's my native tongue, it was bundled with a few other classes into one for the last couple of years of my studies. If I'm going to have to deal with the cost of getting certified, one is more than enough.

Edited by sl1pstream

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}