sysw

I-134 evidence for embassy interview (South Korea)

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

We are currently preparing for our K1 visa interview at our local embassy in South Korea and I wanted to kindly ask for clarification, particularly from anyone who has gone through the process, on the evidence required for the I-134 affidavit of support. 

For the South Korean Embassy's instructions for the I-134, it states: 

"must have evidence of current, sustained income/assets (ex. statement from the bank/financial institution, petitioner’s employer on business stationery, a photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax returns) and each signer’s proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident status."

Bank statement: Would printing out my most recent bank statement I pull up online via logging into my bank account online suffice? Or is there a specific document that I need to request from my bank?

Petitioner's employer on business stationery: Would a short and simple letter stating that I am a current, full-time employee of my company be enough or does it need to state specific information such as my salary and position? 

Proof of US citizenship: Would a photocopy of my American passport suffice? I don't have my birth certificate currently on me so if my passport is enough that would save a lot of hassle. 

Any other tips or advice are also much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance and best wishes to all other filers as well! 

From the bank  I had a paper stating when the acc was opened  what is the average balance etc ( of course on their stationery paper ) From my work a paper signed by  my employer stating lenght of employment , position ,salary. The ideea is  to show  that you would be able to support financially your fiance/e until she / he is allowed to work

Edited by alun
Typo

10 minutes ago, alun said:

From the bank  I had a paper stating when the acc was opened  what is the average balance etc ( of course on their stationery paper ) From my work a paper signed by  my employer stating lenght of employment , position ,salary. The ideea is  to show  that you would be able to support financially your fiance/e until she / he is allowed to work

So I guess there's no official document for the bank. Did you simply ask them to list that information to you on their stationery paper? And the same with your employer? 

*~*~*duplicate thread removed. Do not post each question more than once. If you want to have your thread moved to the main forum for a wider audience, we can do that*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

*~*~*moved to main forum at OP’s request*~*~*

we will keep this one active as it has replies that may be helpful to you or other members. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.