apgk

Time it takes to schedule an interview at Moscow Embassy

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know about the wait time. But I should tell you that at the Moscow embassy you don't send anything back before the interview. Good Luck.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
I don't know about the wait time. But I should tell you that at the Moscow embassy you don't send anything back before the interview. Good Luck.

ok I am not too familiar with the process on this side of the K1 petition.

How and when is the interview scheduled and when does the embassy inform the candidate

of the interview date?

Timeline

We are not to this stage yet, so there are others who can cofirm, or add other first hand information to this, but...The embassy mails one packet of documents with instructions and the interview date is included there. Or you can see it on the Moscow Embassy website, they are listed using the MOS********** number you have. Or just start contacting the embassy!

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

When your case is received from NVC the embassy will schedule an interview and send the beneficiary a letter informing her of the date and all necessary instructions.

Interviews are running about two months from embassy reciept of your case from NVC...

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Does someone has an idea as to what is the waiting time these days for a K1 interview at Moscow embassy?
My idea is that it is taking a few months upon receiving an approved I-129F petition from the NVC. In the summer of 2004 it took nearly 4 months to go from NOA2 to Interview without any noticeable delays at the NVC.

Wissoner, who has gone through the process recently believes:

Interviews are running about two months from embassy receipt of your case from NVC...
Perhaps other will provide their ideas as well.
After the signed Packet 3 checklist is sent back - how much is the wait?
Your interview date is predetermined by the embassy. Therefore, even if you decide to send them "something" it will still take the same amount of days. Very rarely are cases expedited but according to slim you can notify the embassy if you want to delay your date. See my explanation in:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry982861

How and when is the interview scheduled and when does the embassy inform the candidate of the interview date?
Same as above.

Timeline

According to the VJ stats it takes about 60 days from the embassy recieving your info. If you have you case number from the NVC (mine is :MOS---------) you can look on the US Embassy Moscow website to see if your interview has been scheduled. Get your police certificate ASAP, it may take a month to get.

Met Dec. 4 2006

1st visit to Russia - Jan. 23-30.

Engaged Jan. 24

CSC recieved and pending - NOA1 March 1

Touched- March 9 - recieved NOA1 hard copy in mail.

2nd visit - March 12 -27

Touched - May 23 (pleeeeeeeeeeeease)

APPROVED MAY 22 (On 5/25 I did the RFE trick and the CSC said it was approved 5/22. The dufus at USCIS was completely positive they were only working on Nov. 2006 petitions)

May 30th- Petition leaves CSC for NVC.

3rd visit - May 31 - August 31 ( If all goes well she will come home with me!!!)

Left NVC June 11th (I called everyday since 5/30 and they never recieved it??? Then on 6/13 I called and it was not only recieved but already sent to the embassy 6/11?? 

INTERVIEW 8/22

July 3rd-Recieved Packet

8/22 Interview was a sucess!!!

8/31 We arrive at JFK. Problem free entry.

10/26 Married!

1/15/08 Sent I-485

2/26 NOA

3/21 Biometrics Appointment

3/29 Received EAD Card

From receipt of your case at the embassy to interview is running about two months, however, after your NOA2, NVC could hold up this process for any number of days or weeks or months. Just ask Turboguy...

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Relax buddy. You've got a couple of months to prepare.

And prepare, you should. First off, welcome to the Russia forum. Your post indicates that you're not too familiar with the way things work through the Moscow embassy. Things are different there. You need to spend some time reading through this forum, asking questions in this forum, and stay away from the K-1 forum. If you've sent your papers already, you're done with them. Everything now should be Russia specific.

We've been through it (or are still going through it) so we can tell you from experience... Moscow is different.

So, what other questions do you have? You NEED TO HAVE more, as there are going to be things in your case that you're going to need to do that others in the K-1 forum may not know about. (Like scheduling the medical check, DHL, etc.) Come on, ask away!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Regarding how much time it is currently taking between NOA2s and interview dates, my case is one data point that it may be taking more than 104 days. My NOA2 was May 3rd. My case was sent by the NVC to the embassy on May 23rd. Today I called the Moscow Embassy Visa Information Service, and was informed that my case had not yet been received by the embassy. They asked if I wanted to perform an "inquiry," I said yes, and they told me that they would get a response from the embassy on Monday. I know that interviews have been scheduled through August 16th, according to the embassy web site that was updated today, and that I do not have an interview scheduled before then. Thus, the time between my NOA2 and my interview will be at least 104 days. I was hoping for a much shorter duration, based on Wisooner's experience. Now I don't know whether to be worried that my case is an anomaly because of some problem or that things are now taking longer for some reason (summer, glut of current cases, etc.) I need some advice/consolation from my fellow experienced VJers! Thanks

Our K-1 Timeline

1/29/07-- NOA1

5/03/07-- NOA2 (not known until 5/17/07)

5/04/07 through 5/17/07-- tortured by "computer glitch" at CSC

5/11/07-- Case sent to NVC (not known until 5/17/07)

5/16/07-- Case received at NVC (not known until 5/17/07)

5/17/07-- Called Cust Service, followed VJ.com forum advise re: RFE prompts, got live CSC operator

-- CSC operator informed me that NOA2 was approved 05/03/07 & Case sent to NVC on 5/11/07

-- When asked why I had not received any of three possible notifications, was told "computer glitch"

5/17/07-- Called NVC and was told case was received on 5/16/07

5/23/07-- Case left NVC

6/01/07-- received email from Moscow consular office stating "as of today, case not recieved from NVC"

6/04/07-- (30 days after approval petition) Called CSC and requested a copy of NOA2

6/07/07-- received email from Moscow consular office stating "We are looking forward to seeing your

fiancee here on June 8." Called Moscow Embassy Visa Information Service and was told it was a

mistake, case has only been recieved electronically so far.

6/14/07-- Received approval notice email from USCIS. Case Status Service

Online updated to show "Approval notice sent"

6/16/07-- Finally received hard copy of NOA2 in mail

6/19/07-- Called Embassy Visa Support Services and was notified of interview date

8/22/07-- Interview

Timeline
Now I don't know whether to be worried that my case is an anomaly because of some problem or that things are now taking longer for some reason (summer, glut of current cases, etc.)
Your case is not an anomaly. It looks closer to how long it took for us in the summer of 2004. Because Moscow posts interview dates online it takes away the element of surprise. Therefore if you get your NOA2 today and they have scheduled through August, you know your interview isn't going to before the other scheduled dates! Good recognition.

Timeline

I have sometimes had the impression of the entire K-1 visa process being that they have a stack of applications they are working on. New ones arrive and they add them to the stack and work through them. When I say add them to the stack I am talking about on the top. It seems like some get processed very quickly and those that keep getting new ones added on top of theirs may sit forever. I have seen interviews scheduled in Moscow as quickly as 8 weeks and as long as 4 months.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

I have sometimes had the impression of the entire K-1 visa process being that they have a stack of applications they are working on. New ones arrive and they add them to the stack and work through them. When I say add them to the stack I am talking about on the top. It seems like some get processed very quickly and those that keep getting new ones added on top of theirs may sit forever. I have seen interviews scheduled in Moscow as quickly as 8 weeks and as long as 4 months.

This may be true. As long as I've been on VJ, I haven't seen a "pattern" to how they're done or how the numbers are processed. Usually when there is no pattern, there's a pattern of humans touching something, like a stack of files. That ensures the numbers stay more random.

And I believe in Turboguy's case, they have a stack that says "hold until...." just to make the people wait extra long. I sure hope your's is on top soon! You guys have to be coming up soon. Keep sticking with it, and good luck!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Thanks Slim. I am sure wherever my file is sitting it has about an inch of dust on the top by now. At least I will be able to spend most of my summer with my fiancee but it is frustratiing when she should have been here a month or two ago.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.