Jump to content
Simon412

DCF Approved February 2019

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We received i-130 approval in February 2019 but as of yet still havent received the letter inviting us to book the interview.

 

We have all documentation ready (well police certificate expired but not keen on spending another £50 until we know more).

 

I have not booked the medial yet because do not want to lose anymore money. Is there a way of finding out what has happened to our case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Simon412 said:

We received i-130 approval in February 2019 but as of yet still havent received the letter inviting us to book the interview.

 

We have all documentation ready (well police certificate expired but not keen on spending another £50 until we know more).

 

I have not booked the medial yet because do not want to lose anymore money. Is there a way of finding out what has happened to our case?


Wow, that’s like a year ago. And you haven’t contacted anybody yet at all?

 

This is the embassy contact form. https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/
 

Provide both names with birthdates and any information you have on the petition approval by USCIS London...date, any details. Make sure they know it was London USCIS office. Ask if they can find your approved petition file, if it is still valid, and what you need to do to proceed since a year has passed. Ask if you have been assigned a LND case number and to tell you what it is (if you don’t have that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wuozopo said:


Wow, that’s like a year ago. And you haven’t contacted anybody yet at all?

 

This is the embassy contact form. https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/
 

Provide both names with birthdates and any information you have on the petition approval by USCIS London...date, any details. Make sure they know it was London USCIS office. Ask if they can find your approved petition file, if it is still valid, and what you need to do to proceed since a year has passed. Ask if you have been assigned a LND case number and to tell you what it is (if you don’t have that)

Thank you

 

Yes we have an LND and have completed the DS260 (VJ guide says DS230 but can't find that anywhere).

 

We only realised we couldnt book the interview when we actually tried yesterday via https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

We get the following message;

" The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter/email from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html. "

 

The hyperlink does not work, so no way of checking the case status.

 

 

Also not 100% sure where to find the DS260 number, is it in the format of xxxx-xxxx on the completed DS260 page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Simon412
 

I would still email the Immigrant  visa Unit and ask if your approved petition is still valid since you have been waiting to get a letter from them for a year. Provide the LND number for reference. Tell them you tried to book an interview and it says your number is invalid. They may need to unlock it for you  or since you waited so long they may have thrown the case out. 
 

DS-230 is an old form number. If you are reading the DCF topic pinned in this forum, it is 7 years old and pretty much invalid now.  DS-260 is correct.
 

Try checking your status here https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 6:20 PM, Wuozopo said:

@Simon412
 

I would still email the Immigrant  visa Unit and ask if your approved petition is still valid since you have been waiting to get a letter from them for a year. Provide the LND number for reference. Tell them you tried to book an interview and it says your number is invalid. They may need to unlock it for you  or since you waited so long they may have thrown the case out. 
 

DS-230 is an old form number. If you are reading the DCF topic pinned in this forum, it is 7 years old and pretty much invalid now.  DS-260 is correct.
 

Try checking your status here https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Thank you. 

Status check says still active 

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview"

 

I've messaged the embassy again, fingers crossed we hear back soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

We have not recieved a response from the embassy, its been 11 days (7 working days).

 

Should we schedule a medical exam or continue to wait for a letter inviting us to book the interview?

 

Please if anyone can help, we are getting pretty desperate now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...