ahmu83

I haven't received the documents packet yet for my K-1 Fiance Visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am writing this post to inquire about the next steps for the K-1 visa.

Per the case status, embassy has received my packet from NVC, however I have not received any information from the embassy yet. Does this mean I have to proceed by filling out the DS-160 before receiving the documents packet? (I am reading online that I should receive a documents packet to my physical address)

If someone could help me the next steps of the process. As per this link (The Second Step: Applying for a Visa / Required Documentation) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

It says I have to go for a medical, but without any information provided by the embassy how will I get the medical examination.

My question is: Is the embassy going to send me documents before I schedule my interview with them? If yes how long does it take for the embassy to send the documents.

Or has has it changed and I should go ahead and fill out the DS-160 and submit it? Thanks!

Timeline

If your CEAC status says "Ready" you can go ahead and do the following

1. Fill out DS 160

2. Pay the visa fees

3. Register on ustraveldocs.com/pk and Schedule your interview (better 3 to 4 weeks ahead as medicals reports timeline varies from city to city. In Lahore, at Wilcare it takes less than a week for reports, three days minimum)

4. Schedule your medical

All the best!!

Timeline

Hi @ahmu83

I'm responding to your question here since your original question got moved. Here is the link where you can find a list of approved places where you can go to get your medical done https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html#approved_physicians. The embassy doesn't tell you where to go for your medical. You can choose any location from the approved list that is most convenient for you depending on the city you are located in. You can also call the clinic you decide to go to and get more information about the medical process. 

Here is another link that I found useful when my fiance was going through this process: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

As for the questions asked at the interview, I don't know the exact question since my fiance did the interview. From what I remember him telling me the questions asked were fairly basic like who is sponsoring you, how did you meet, what are your fiancee's hobbies, what shows does your fiancee like to watch. I hope this helps a bit!

Best of luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.