Miwa

KL, Malaysia Consular - Handing in off documents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi, I am Miwa's fiancee, using his login.

Just wanted to document my experience at the KL Consular in Malaysia this morning. Today is my interview date and I had to hand in my documents for checking at 9am for my 1.30pm interview.

Reached the consular at 8.15 am and was told to wait till 8.45 am before I could enter. However, as I had to use the washroom, the guards let me in earlier to wait inside. The guards were really friendly and asked me to leave my cellphone and car keys with them. However, I was allowed to keep my documents, books, some reading material from work, house keys, purse, brush and lipstick and the two bags that i had with me.

Took at number at around 8.20am and waited till 9am before my number was called. The consular was filled with people applying for either social visit or business visit pass. As far as I could tell, there were only 3 other people who were there for "immigrant" visas (the classification I fell under for my number taking purposes). 2 were there for green cards and 1 unknown.

Handed my documents at around 9 am. The guy was pretty rude and was quite unlike the other consular staff that I observed during my wait there. I shrugged it off and tried to be friendly. He asked me to take out all the documents from the nicely prepared folder that I did up and I passed him stuffs piece by piece. Towards the end, I asked, "evidence of relationship?" He said, "Just pass a couple of photos"

Since the first piece of paper I got was Miwa's letter of intent (latest) to marry me, I asked if he wanted it. He rudely replied, "No! Just 2-3 photos" I passed him the photos (I had 6 of them) and jokingly asked him to take his pick out of them. He went, "Any other documents?" in the rude tone of his and I handed him my forgotten medical report which was inserted in my x-ray envelope. I was instructed by the doctor to hand the x-ray and medical report (inside in another small envelope) to the consular. But the guy went, "Take it out!" I was surprised and for the first time, opened the x-ray envelope and pass the smaller envelope to him and politely asked him if he wanted the x-ray too. He rudely replied no and told me to wait for them to call my number again. When I asked him if there's anything missing, he asked, "What else do you want to give?" I asked, "Our travel documents, phone bills..." before i could finish, he instructed me to wait for them to call me again.

So I waited.

At 9.30am, I was once again summoned to the window. I was shown the latest forms and was asked, have i seen them? Having seen them online, I said I did (I was confused then). Then he rudely asked, "Then why didn't you give it to us?" I was like, "er... but I didn't get them and was asked to fill in the old ds-156" Then he shoved the entire "packet-3" to me and rudely instructed me to turn the page, "Read it!"

I read it and it was an instruction to download the latest forms from the website (can't remember the url) and I told him that I have never seen that and in my packet 3, I did not receive it. I was confused what he wanted me to do it and handed him back the packet 3. He walked away for a while leaving me at the window and came back with 3 more forms to fill in. 2 of the forms were forms that I filled in when I applied for my social visit pass. He went, "Go away and filled it in and pass it back to me when you are done".

Did that, almost in tears by then as I was already really nervous for my interview day and having been treated quite badly by the guy. I filled in the forms as quickly as I could. One of the questions on the form were like, "do you intend to work in US? If so, fill in the name of your employer" I was like of course i intend to work, so i said yes and not applicable to the second part of the question. Another question was, "How long do you intend to stay in USA?" I ignored the question because I have no idea how long will I be there!

Some of the questions includes info in my passport which by then have been passed on to him. I asked him for it and he was quite rude and gave a long suffering sigh when he passed it to me. I forgot to fill in the back of one of the forms and he went, "You didn't fill this in!" So I quietly went and fill it in.

When all was done, I passed the forms to him. He said, "Come back for your interview at 1.30pm" For clarification sake, I asked if I have to leave the consular office. He went, "Yes! You have to exit here completely!" again in his rude tone.

Gah... for an emotional day, I really don't need to face a person who woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

I am worried about my interview now... It's 11am now and it'll be in a couple of hours time!

Wish me luck!

Regards.

Miwa's fiancee

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Honestly, You did exactly the right thing. I'm sorry you had to have such a grumpy guy at the window. He was truely aweful. Unfortunately that's what happens to alot of people who deal with the "public" as part of their job. But by clarifying and asking questions you did exactly what needed to be done. Stay positive, stay focused...and don't let this guy bring you down cause I guarantee you he's not bothered one bit by his actions. Good luck to you at the interview and I hope you post your results!

I-130 for CR-1

CSC

01/31/06 :: I-130 mailed

03/01/06 :: NOA1

05/09/06 :: NOA2

NVC

05/31/06 :: NVC case # assigned

06/12/06 :: AOS bill & DS-3032 generated

06/14/06 :: Emailed Choice of Agent

06/16/06 :: Email from NVC saying Choice of Agent accepted

06/19/06 :: IV Bill Generated

06/23/06 :: AOS Bill recieved

06/24/06 :: AOS Bill returned to NVC

06/26/06 :: IV bill recieved

06/27/06 :: IV Bill returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/12/06)

07/15/06 :: I-864 Recieved (NVC didn't report it was generated)

07/17/06 :: I-864 Returned to NVC

07/17/06 :: DS-230 Generated

07/00/06 :: DS-230 Recieved (I was away in Morocco to visit my Love)

07/29/06 :: DS-230 Returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/31/06)

09/05/06 :: RFE Generated (Mailed 09/09/06)

09/11/06 :: RFE Recieved (reqested a copy of biographical page of passport, I sent this with the DS-230))

09/12/06 :: RFE Returned (sent them what they asked for..for the second time!)

10/05/06 :: Case Complete

I-129F for K-3

03/02/06 :: I-129F Mailed

03/09/06 :: NOA1 (recieved 03/15/06)

03/21/06 :: Touched USCIS Recieved I-129 says 60-90 days for processing

07/03/06 :: RFE IMBRA Recieved

07/04/06 :: RFE IMBRA Returned (I did not send the second one)

08/07/06 :: NOA2 Approved

08/15/06 :: Petition sent to Casablanca & Case # assigned

09/01/06 :: Packet 3 Arrives INTERVIEW DATE SEPTEMBER 22nd!!

09/22/06 :: Successful Interview!! WOO HOO

10/12/06 :: Visa IN Hand

Wow.... I thought they were nice.

Or maybe they were much nicer during visitor's visa interview?

Im from malaysia currently waiting for packet 3. Now this whole thing is making me nervous. :crying:

Our K1 Journey

29th November 2005.....Filed I-129F (day 1)

7th December 2005.......NOA1 (days 8)

6th March 2006.............NOA2 (days 97)

16th May 2006..............Interview date (Approved!) (days 168)

24th May 2006..............US POE (days 176)

2nd June 2006..............Marriage! (days 185)

Our AOS Journey

1st August 2006.............Filed AOS (day 1)

8th August 2006.............NOA (days 7)

21st August 2006............RFE (days 20)

22nd August 2006...........Biometrics Appointment (days 21)

8th September 2006........Case transfered to CSC! (days 38)

28th September 2006......AOS approved! (days 58)

30th September 2006......Welcome letter Received! (days 60)

2nd October 2006............Green Card arrives!!!! (days 62)

6th January 2007.............Relegious Ceremony in Malaysia

Our I-751 Journey

16th August 2008.............Filed I-751 Removing condition (day 1)

18th August 2008.............NOA and Check Cashed(day 3)

9th September 2008.............Biometrics(day 25)

12th December 2008...........Approved.Card production ordered (day 119)

19th December 2008...........Green Card arrives!!!!No mistake!(day 126)

NO MORE USCIS FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS!

Timeline

How was the interview? Hope thing work well for you.....

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

Timeline
Wow.... I thought they were nice.

Or maybe they were much nicer during visitor's visa interview?

Im from malaysia currently waiting for packet 3. Now this whole thing is making me nervous. :crying:

Read my post on the interview. That guy was much nicer than the document guy. Yes, the social visit pass interview was much more pleasant than this. For that, my interview was over in less than a couple of minutes and they only looked at my salary slips and letter from my employer. They didn't want to look at the rest of my documents! Moreover, you can get back your passport the next day for the B1/B2 visa. For this k-1, they are keeping my passport for 3 days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.