abejita76

Medical Exam - early?

6 posts in this topic

I have read various posts hinting at this topic, but never found a satisactory answer - any replies would be appreciated.

My question is this: is it possible to complete the medical exam early (ie before receiving Packet #3)? Is there a limit on how long it is "valid?" I ask because my Costa Rican fiance will be traveling for work over the next few months, and we are anticipating getting the NAO2 in the next month or so, God willing. Rather than risk delaying the process, we would like to get that part done before he leaves the country, if at all possible. I guess the worst case scenario we do it then find out we have to repeat it...

Also, someone mentioned having the required forms available and could email them. If you read this (or someone else has them), please contact me!

Thanks a million.

Melissa (USA) and Arturo (Costa Rica)

04-26-04 - Met in Costa Rica

09-01-05 - Engaged!

01-17-06 - I-129F package sent by DHL to NSC

06-14-06 - Fiance Visa Apt - APPROVED! (Day 148)

06-22-06 - Married (civil service)

09-01-06 - Wedding ceremony

AOS+

06-26-06 - AOS/AP/EAD sent via UPS

09-05-06 - Infopass appointment (Day 73)

12-07-06 - AOS Interview- approved! (Day 170)

Lifting of Conditions

10-27-08 - I-751 sent via FedEx

12-02-08 - Biometrics apt (Day 34)

01-24-09 - Green Card arrived! (Day 87)

Naturalization

04-27-11 - N-400 sent via USPS

05-03-11 - Email from USCIS re: receipt of N-400 (Day 1)

I've heard here that it's fine as it's valid for 1 year. There is a medical required for the AOS, and if the medical was done within 1 year before the AOS stuff it's still valid so he wouldn't have to get a medical for that too. That's why my usual advice is don't get it any earlier than necessary so you know you won't have to re-do it for the AOS.

However, in your case, since he'll be leaving the country and you expect the NOA2 before he'll return... it sounds like you guys have a good reason to want to do it earlier. ;) See what the others say, but I believe from what I've read here that it's fine.

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

I can only speak from my experience with London but as far as I know you need the London Packet 3 with the medical checklist before you can book your medical. However, this does you virtually no good because things can be different at your embassy! :) Your best bet is to email or call your embassy and inquire about this with them, most embassies are very helpful and respond to emails in a timely manner or you may even be able to get through by phone.

Here is a link to the forms I think you are referring to (the I-129F and G325 you have already used, of course)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1forms

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

For those of you who responded - thank you.

I just called the Costa Rica Embassy this am (and actually got to a real person rather quickly) and was told the physical exam and lab results are good for 6 months. They also had a specific list of physicians and labs where one is to complete the required testing, which the lady was kind enough to email that to me right then and there!

So... I guess the best answer is if you think you might need/want to do the medical exam sooner, call your embassy to see about specific requirements - it seems most allow it to be completed 6-12 months in advance.

Thanks again.

Melissa

Melissa (USA) and Arturo (Costa Rica)

04-26-04 - Met in Costa Rica

09-01-05 - Engaged!

01-17-06 - I-129F package sent by DHL to NSC

06-14-06 - Fiance Visa Apt - APPROVED! (Day 148)

06-22-06 - Married (civil service)

09-01-06 - Wedding ceremony

AOS+

06-26-06 - AOS/AP/EAD sent via UPS

09-05-06 - Infopass appointment (Day 73)

12-07-06 - AOS Interview- approved! (Day 170)

Lifting of Conditions

10-27-08 - I-751 sent via FedEx

12-02-08 - Biometrics apt (Day 34)

01-24-09 - Green Card arrived! (Day 87)

Naturalization

04-27-11 - N-400 sent via USPS

05-03-11 - Email from USCIS re: receipt of N-400 (Day 1)

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
For those of you who responded - thank you.

I just called the Costa Rica Embassy this am (and actually got to a real person rather quickly) and was told the physical exam and lab results are good for 6 months. They also had a specific list of physicians and labs where one is to complete the required testing, which the lady was kind enough to email that to me right then and there!

So... I guess the best answer is if you think you might need/want to do the medical exam sooner, call your embassy to see about specific requirements - it seems most allow it to be completed 6-12 months in advance.

Thanks again.

Melissa

the labs and Dr that we used were literally right next to each other, actually x ray lab and bloodwork on one side of the street and the MD. across the street.

1/31/18 I-130 NOA 1 received Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.