dsahay

J1 exceptional hardship waiver

70 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, j1hardshipwaiting said:

Last week, we received a standard reply (through the congress person's office) from the DOS saying that they were waiting for the sponsors views and would work on our case as soon as it is received from the sponsors. Then, the next day my status changed to show that sponsor views were received. Now, I may be on the last stage where the DOS makes a final recommendation. Do you know how long that can take? I may have to leave the country if it doesn't come by next week.

How long did take DoS to reply to the congressional inquiry? I submitted one over two weeks ago and no word from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am running out of patience, it has been over 6 months for hardship waiver and sponsor view hasn’t been requested yet!! I did congressional inquiry a month ago and still no reply from DoS!! Do you think I should do another congressional inquiry with another senator. This is so unusual that they don’t even respond to congressional inquiries...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 12:40 PM, Hardship waiver said:

Ok I am running out of patience, it has been over 6 months for hardship waiver and sponsor view hasn’t been requested yet!! I did congressional inquiry a month ago and still no reply from DoS!! Do you think I should do another congressional inquiry with another senator. This is so unusual that they don’t even respond to congressional inquiries...

Hello guys, any update? this case is keeping me up all night. No update from me as of now :( 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, j1hardshipwaiting said:

Here's my update... also had fulbright scholarship.. hang in there!

image.thumb.png.466870ebba1d9396e076659b7a200946.png

@j1hardshipwaiting Thank you for the top to contact a senator! I wonder when did you first contacted senator's office? Was it after DoS received your I-612 and I-613? Which reasons did you state as grounds for the expedient process? 

Huge congratulations on your waiver approval!

17 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

hi guys . 

need some help 

case - 

USCIS case submition - April 2020 , forwarded to DOS in jan 2021 - but DOS website not showing I612 uploaded , now DOS upon  inquiry says they have not received i612 from USCIS. what to do next , I have been in this process now close to 1 1/2 yr 

Ask Uscis to resend I612

16 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

So does that mean that uscis HAS TO RESEND IT , does that mean another 8  month of wait for me , can you please share your views ?

my lawer when reached out to USCIS they said they have sent to DOS in JAN 2021 . also website showed sent to DOS in jan 2021 ., 

If you want, you can try again with DoS and show them proof from USCIS that they did send it. If DoS keeps saying we have nothing, then you have to pressure USCIS to resend it. It won’t take 8 months. Your I612 is already in their file. If they collaborate with you, they can send it the same day. It happened with me, and USCIS kept saying we did our part and it is DoS’s fault. I had to get a senator involved and then USCIS resent it within 24hrs. 

Hello, I am new in this discussion.

I wanted to file my J1 exceptional hardship waiver request with DoS and USCIS. I am married to US citizen and we have a son.

Is it necessary to hire a lawyer? I consulted one and is very expensive and doing my research and the way I see it I should be ok filling the forms and filing everything on my own, I have the evidence to support my case, medical records, financial records, etc.  

Has anyone filed without a lawyer? and what was the outcome?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.