dsahay

J1 exceptional hardship waiver

70 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2020 at 11:06 PM, j1hardshipwaiting said:

@dsahay did you hear anything about your waiver from DOS? For us, Fulbright/hardship case, DOS received I-613/I-612 from USCIS in April 2020 and we don't know how long it will take for them to make a recommendation.

Is the sponsor views definitely updated on the status? Because it looks like they haven't even asked for it yet (see our timeline below)

image.thumb.png.0654bf8caa1b8580f49fdffe88531912.png

Hi! Can you update us on your case? I, too, had fulbright’s sponsorship, but DoS (24 weeks in) still hasn’t sent for sponsor’s view. 

@dsahay did you hear anything about your waiver from DOS? For us, Fulbright/hardship case, DOS received I-613/I-612 from USCIS in April 2020 and we don't know how long it will take for them to make a recommendation.

Is the sponsor views definitely updated on the status? Because it looks like they haven't even asked for it yet (see our timeline below)

Any updates? 

10 hours ago, j1hardshipwaiting said:

Here's my update... also had fulbright scholarship.. hang in there!

image.thumb.png.466870ebba1d9396e076659b7a200946.png

Wonderful! There is not a specific pattern to why some cases are handled within processing times and other aren’t. I am baffled. Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Hardship waiver

14 minutes ago, Hardship waiver said:

Wonderful! There is not a specific pattern to why some cases are handled within processing times and other aren’t. I am baffled. Thank you for sharing.

I did engage with the senator's office extensively. Asking them to reach out directly to the Cultural Affairs Bureau at DOS that grants Fulbright... That may have helped our case. You may try doing similar with your legislator... There must be an urgency when reaching out.

11 minutes ago, j1hardshipwaiting said:

I did engage with the senator's office extensively. Asking them to reach out directly to the Cultural Affairs Bureau at DOS that grants Fulbright... That may have helped our case. You may try doing similar with your legislator... There must be an urgency when reaching out.

Thank you for the tip. Did the office reach out to Fulbright before sponsor views were requested by DoS? THANK YOU!

On 5/14/2021 at 9:47 AM, Hardship waiver said:

Thank you for the tip. Did the office reach out to Fulbright before sponsor views were requested by DoS? THANK YOU!

Hello Hardship Waiver, I am in the same boat, my case is with DoS since December and I have not heard back anything. When I check my status it say 612 and 613 have reached to DoS in December. No update ever since. 

There is another member who's hardship waiver got not favorable recommendation, I am stressed out after reading his/her post. It is so hard to wait long time and then getting something like this, I hope he/she finds another way to stay with his/her family. It is really heart breaking, my fingers are crossed and hoping best for everyone.  

47 minutes ago, Ghugho said:

Hello Hardship Waiver, I am in the same boat, my case is with DoS since December and I have not heard back anything. When I check my status it say 612 and 613 have reached to DoS in December. No update ever since. 

There is another member who's hardship waiver got not favorable recommendation, I am stressed out after reading his/her post. It is so hard to wait long time and then getting something like this, I hope he/she finds another way to stay with his/her family. It is really heart breaking, my fingers are crossed and hoping best for everyone.  

Hi! It is so heartbreaking indeed! I wish I could know more about their case. I am worried as hell.

Nothing got updated with my case. DoS emailed back with the same generic response of 6 months processing time (now we have passed that) and that some cases take longer (which again I don’t know why). Yours is still within the timeframe. DoS hasn’t responded to my congressional inquiry that I submitted two weeks ago either. I am guessing it will be the same half assed response.

19 hours ago, Ghugho said:

Sending best and positive wishes toward you and your case. I really hope you get the favorable recommendation! All you can do is wait and hope for the best. 

Any updates? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.