4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so I had a couple of questions regarding filing for the AOS.

1)I-693 -I'm a K-1 holder. The guide on this part doesn't quite make much sense to me. It says, "I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjusment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa interview submit a copy of that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or a K-2 dependant who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status).

=The only thing I got from my medical examination in Canada was a photocopy of a vaccination report that the doctor had filled out. Is that the paper that I submit as I-693?

2)NOA-2 for I-129F

=Is this the paper that I recieved in my packed with the checklist, stating my case number?

3)EAD/I-485/G-325A

=I haven't filed for an SS number yet, but I will be. Do I have to get my SS number first, or can I file everything before that.

1)I-693 -I'm a K-1 holder. The guide on this part doesn't quite make much sense to me. It says, "I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjusment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa interview submit a copy of that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiance(e) or a K-2 dependant who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status).

=The only thing I got from my medical examination in Canada was a photocopy of a vaccination report that the doctor had filled out. Is that the paper that I submit as I-693?

2)NOA-2 for I-129F

=Is this the paper that I recieved in my packed with the checklist, stating my case number?

3)EAD/I-485/G-325A

=I haven't filed for an SS number yet, but I will be. Do I have to get my SS number first, or can I file everything before that.

1. No

2. No

3. No, you can file before you have a SS number

NOTE: a couple = 2 -- not 3

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) You will take the vaccination sheet that you got in Canada to a civil surgeon here in the states, and they will transfer that info to a vaccination supplement that you will send in with AOS paperwork.

I highly recomend taking the instructions for form I-485 with you when you see the doctor.

Highlight this on page 3 in the instructions and show to doctor:

Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Most will try to get you for a full medical, showing them the above quote tends to stop this and they will transfer the record for a resonable fee, fo us it was $35.

2) NOA2 was sent to US Citizen after I-129f was approved, looks like this:

NOA2.jpg

3) No need for SSN to file for the others, It is recommended that you apply for one within 75 days of entry on a K-1, it helps with things like bank accounts and other things.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

JSSB,

1) Does your DS-3025 show that you have had all required vaccinations, or that those you have not had are medically inappropriate? If so, then you can try submitting the DS-3025 in lieu of an I-693 vaccination supplement. This works for some people, others find that they are asked for the I-693 vaccination supplement anyway. If your DS-3025 does not show complete vaccinations then you will definitely need to see a US Civil Surgeon for the I-693 vaccination supplement.

2) "NOA2" is the I-793 Approval Notice that your fiance(e) received from the USCIS when their I-129f petition for you was approved.

3) You do not need to have a SSN in order to apply for adjustment of status or for employment authorization. Quite the opposite - if you do not apply for your SSN within 76 days of entry to the USA then you will find that you need to have your I-765 application for employment authorization approved before you can apply for the SSN.

Yodrak

2)NOA-2 for I-129F

3)EAD/I-485/G-325A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.