Sharon

Anyone have a Jeep Liberty?

52 posts in this topic

I will let you all know what we go with very soon...lol...my van gave me troubles again today. It's hanging on by it's nails. :unsure:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Buy a Hummer!!!

Ugh no dont... they are horrible on gas, and arent really that exciting to drive... Takes FOREVER to get up to speed... and they have plenty of problems (hubby and i used to work for a company where three of the big bosses drove them and they were always sending them back with complaints)

Well peeps...despite the Jeep not being the fav in the running, we still went with it anyway.

Yesterday was my day - I got the call that the detailing on the Jeep was done and we could pick it up today....then I got home and there was an email stating that my and my daughter's 10 year green card had been approved...it was payday to boot :dance: ....lol...and then my 11 year old came home from school with a year end award for honor roll straight A's and outstanding attendance (she missed just 1 day all year).

What more could I ask for, eh? :luv:

I will keep you all informed as to the lack of/occurence of any probs that may/don't happen.

Meet Jezebel the Jeep. :whistle:

jezebel-5fh3aoh.jpg

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats, Sharon! Love the Canadian flag!

And Jezebel is a great name. :lol:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Timeline
Start clipping coupons so you'll be able to afford the gas! :lol:

Stop projecting. Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean no one else can :whistle:

Gupt, you are so full of yourself. We can afford something a hell of a lot nicer than a Jeep Liberty. Some of us are secure and confident enough to not need status symbols.

Get over yourself.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
SUVs are a nuisance and a menace and they suck gasoline. With gas prices guaranteed to continue rising, it does not make financial sense to drive an SUV. JMHO.

A nuisance and a menace? :blink:

LOL I live on a farm smack dab in the middle of the Blue Ridge mountains, everyone here uses one because they simply need the power an SUV offers. You have no idea of the grade of some of the roads here! :help:

As I said to Charles, I wouldn't be putting a lot of mileage on it anyway but I can sure use the power when I have to go places around here.

Few if any people actually NEED an SUV. I can understand the need for 4 wheel drive, but there are cars that come with that feature and many SUVs are so unstable with a high center of gravity that unless you are driving over boulders, you do not need that much space between the ground and the chassis. .

If it were up to me the damned things would be pretty much illegal. If you MUST buy an SUV, do all of us (including yourself) a favor and at least get a hybrid one. They get much better mileage.

Homesick American sounds very ignorant to me with these statements. I live in Salt lake city and I used to live in Denver, as a result of my living situation I naturally became a snowboarder/skier. Now I work at a ski resort that gets over 500 inches of snow annually. I drive to work every day at 6 in the morning even if its a blizzard. You need alot of clearance to get through the snow sometimes. It sucks a$$ having to dig out a car in the snow. Maybe you should do some research first before you just assume everybody else lives on flat snowless plains.

In response to the Hybrid SUV statement you made, how about you buy me one of those Lexus RX400h's. I'd sure like one of those but on my meager ski resort salary I just can't justify spending so much on a car just to save a few dollars on gas. :blink:

Edited by viccardenas

Homesick American sounds very ignorant to me with these statements. I live in Salt lake city and I used to live in Denver, as a result of my living situation I naturally became a snowboarder/skier. Now I work at a ski resort that gets over 500 inches of snow annually. I drive to work every day at 6 in the morning even if its a blizzard. You need alot of clearance to get through the snow sometimes. It sucks a$$ having to dig out a car in the snow. Maybe you should do some research first before you just assume everybody else lives on flat snowless plains.

Rubbish. You need to read what I write instead of putting words in my mouth. I've already explained that you don't need an SUV to have a vehicle with 4 wheel drive, but obviously you're just ignoring that.

In response to the Hybrid SUV statement you made, how about you buy me one of those Lexus RX400h's. I'd sure like one of those but on my meager ski resort salary I just can't justify spending so much on a car just to save a few dollars on gas. :blink:

:rolleyes: That is NOT the only hybrid on the market, dearie.

Clearly you're looking for an excuse to own an SUV. I think it's kind of sad, personally. If all you were doing was flushing your own money down the toilet, I would not care. SUVs waste a precious and finite resource: oil. Once you use up all the oil, it's gone. 50 years from now I invite you and other SUV owners explain to my own grandchildren why your need for a status symbol has ruined their futures. :thumbs: You won't be able to look them in the eyes. Y'know....assuming you give a damn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Rubbish. You need to read what I write instead of putting words in my mouth. I've already explained that you don't need an SUV to have a vehicle with 4 wheel drive, but obviously you're just ignoring that.

:rolleyes: That is NOT the only hybrid on the market, dearie.

Clearly you're looking for an excuse to own an SUV. I think it's kind of sad, personally. If all you were doing was flushing your own money down the toilet, I would not care. SUVs waste a precious and finite resource: oil. Once you use up all the oil, it's gone. 50 years from now I invite you and other SUV owners explain to my own grandchildren why your need for a status symbol has ruined their futures. :thumbs: You won't be able to look them in the eyes. Y'know....assuming you give a damn.

Did you read the part where I said CLEARANCE. I never said anything about 4wheel drive so I guess you're the one putting words in my mouth. Ok buy me one of the other 5 Hybrid SUVs made. I prefer japanese though so get me a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. :thumbs:

Edited by viccardenas

Did you read the part where I said CLEARANCE. I never said anything about 4wheel drive so I guess you're the one putting words in my mouth. Ok buy me one of the other 5 Hybrid SUVs made. I prefer japanese though so get me a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. :thumbs:

Frankly, I don't care to read anything else from you.

Buy you one? Buy it yourself.