2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

so long story short Dallas field office takes forever.. wait time is 12-22 months I believe or longer. my PD is March 22nd

I received EAD combo card in July and I booked a ticket home for Christmas. I leave Dec 19th

today I received a text saying interview has been scheduled. now I know that's usually set 4 weeks roughly from when you get the interview letter.

problem: I will get letter this week obviously and will see the date im guessing its going to be within days of me leaving or potentially just after I leave.

I know you can re schedule but I will be gone for 4 wks and whos to say they wont re schedule for 1-2 weeks after original date (which I will still be overseas)

question is: obviously I still have a valid EAD combo card with advance parole. will this still be valid should my interview date be before I leave and go well??

if we get approved and card sent to my address.. on my return I will have combo card but will not have gc in hand.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Amy & John said:

so long story short Dallas field office takes forever.. wait time is 12-22 months I believe or longer. my PD is March 22nd

I received EAD combo card in July and I booked a ticket home for Christmas. I leave Dec 19th

today I received a text saying interview has been scheduled. now I know that's usually set 4 weeks roughly from when you get the interview letter.

problem: I will get letter this week obviously and will see the date im guessing its going to be within days of me leaving or potentially just after I leave.

I know you can re schedule but I will be gone for 4 wks and whos to say they wont re schedule for 1-2 weeks after original date (which I will still be overseas)

question is: obviously I still have a valid EAD combo card with advance parole. will this still be valid should my interview date be before I leave and go well??

if we get approved and card sent to my address.. on my return I will have combo card but will not have gc in hand.

Your combo card will be valid until its expiration date or until your successful AOS interview. USCIS has been known to ask for return of the combo cards after a successful AOS interview. Please realize that you have to make a decision as which is more important to you, your trip or your GC. You can try to reschedule your AOS interview, then you will be at the mercy of the ASC appointment minions in Alexandria VA. That contact information can be found on your ASC appointment notice. In case you haven't been keeping up with USCIS appointment availability, open appointment slots at some Local Field Offices (LFO) can be as scarce as hen's teeth. If you are assuming that your ASC appointment notice shows a less than ideal time for you....I daresay that you may get a rescheduled appointment time that isn't any better, and may very be at a more inopportune time for you.  Hopefully, you can make your original appointment, be done with it, and not cause yourself any extra grief around the holiday season.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.