kgkg

How to reschedule

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear all, NVC assigned me an interview date that is not particularly convenient fro me. How can I reschedule with Guangzhou? I used the website form (https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visas/contact-us/immigrant-visa-unit-question/) , which is supposed to take 5 business days to respond. But I have not heard anything after 10 business days. The phone number on Guangzhou's website is automatic. What can I do to contact them about rescheduling? Thank you!

Timeline
On 11/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, kgkg said:

I found the website above is the only way to reschedule. After 10 days of no answer, I used the website to send a message again. I got an answer in one day, saying that I cannot reschedule to an earlier day. 

Do you know if it's possible to schedule to a later day?

Filed: Timeline
45 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

Do you know if it's possible to schedule to a later day?

I did not try. The response that I received was that I cannot move the interview to an earlier date. It did not say that I cannot move the date at all, so my guess that the answer to your question is yes. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, kgkg said:

I did not try. The response that I received was that I cannot move the interview to an earlier date. It did not say that I cannot move the date at all, so my guess that the answer to your question is yes. 

I'll reach out to them to check - thanks for the info. We were also assigned a pretty inconvenient date and would even be willing to push it back a few days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
18 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

We were also assigned a pretty inconvenient date and would even be willing to push it back a few days.

Guangzhou responds from that webform within 24 hours from my experience. I asked to move it forwards based on the CGIFederal portal stating that their first available interview date was 11/25, however this was their response:

Dear petitioner,

Thank you for your email.  Please note we cannot re-schedule the visa interview to an earlier date given the high volume of immigrant visa applications we are processing.

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 13526 To respond to this email, use only the web form at https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/immigrant-visas/contact-us/immigrant-visa-unit-question/. E-mails sent via “reply” will not be received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.