MelOe

purchase of house during k1 application process

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have searched the forum but not found any similar situations to our to give us some pointers. Here is our situation:

I'm the beneficiary of a k1 visa application. We are now entering the embassy state so I hope to be able to move to the US soon. My USC fiance has to move out of his current home this month, and in the area where he lives rentals are not an option. We've been looking for houses for a bit and have found one we are interested in buying. My (beneficiary) parents have offered us an interest free loan that would allow us to buy the home if we decide to do so. My fiance doesn't have the greatest credit score so a bank loan would be a lot more expensive, and so obviously we would like to take my parents up on their offer. I still have to research if and how it is possible to legally get all this under way, and if anyone has some pointers where I could get such information I'd be glad, but my question to you is actually how this would affect our visa application for me, and what you think we could do to lessen any possible negative impact?

Trying to look at this from the immigration officers point of view I'm worried that it might look like my parents are essentially buying my fiance a house in payment for him getting me a greencard through marriage. Of course I will move in there with him once I can enter the states on my k1 visa in a few months time, but right now it would be buying a house with money from Germany, and him moving in alone. We were thinking of writing a loan contract between my parents and the two of us, and then buying the house together with the money from that loan and having both our names on the deed from day one, but I'm not sure if buying it together is possible since we are not yet married and I'm not a resident. So what if it isn't possible and one of us has to buy it on their own first? Be it him or me, I think it will look fishy to immigration. Does anyone have advice what we could do to show that this is an investment in our future together and not some kind of payment to my fiance?

I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas! Thank you all in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.