A<3B

Visa approved! Now a few more questions..

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all, wanted to share the news that we were approved on 11/1 in Mumbai! Not without a roller coaster where the CO gave my wife a 221(g), gave no explanations why and told us they'd call us 3-5 days, went to our car, saw a missed call from a Mumbai number, called, were asked to return back for a re-interview, and received the approval slip without any questions asked. 

Now we have the approval in our hands and waiting for the passport with visa! 

A few questions from this point on for those who have gone through it: 

• From here, do you just check the US Travel Docs website for updates on the passport return? After our interview ended I checked and it said our passport was with Mumbai. This weekend and this morning I checked and the document delivery information is blank. CEAC also just says it's at Mumbai. Is that normal?
  • We're planning to fly back together with Newark (EWR) as our port of entry. Has anyone also posted what their experience is like at the US border?
  • About how long after the visa is issued is a social security number made available?
  • With the visa in hand, how easy is it to travel back to India or other countries? Any things to keep in mind before doing so?

Thanks again to all who have helped through this process! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

Wanted to check in and see if you could help with any of the questions we had. Good news is the first is scratched off - the status now reads that the Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery. 

Any help on experience at the border, social security number timing, or travels to other countries after the visa is in hand? 

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, A<3B said:

Hi all,

Wanted to check in and see if you could help with any of the questions we had. Good news is the first is scratched off - the status now reads that the Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery. 

Any help on experience at the border, social security number timing, or travels to other countries after the visa is in hand? 

Hey congratulations on your approval. I was wondering if you could help me? My case has been documentary qualified since the first week of September. I haven’t received an interview call yet. Is it possible to get it before the end of this year ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.