4 posts in this topic

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but I just wanted to express some gratitude to this forum and all contributors. I have been reading on this site since the beginning our visa journey and have asked for some advice and received helpful responses and insights. Although I realize I need to add a timeline so that I can help others I just want to let anyone know that if there is anything I can do to help, I would be glad to share our experience. My wife was a J1 visa overstay ( 5 years ) and we filed for AOS in March and had an interview Sept. 28th and her 2 year conditional green card came in the mail today. Our interview was at the Cincinnati office in Ohio. I feel like our process went faster than we expected but it was still scary at times but we have remained hopeful for a positive outcome. This is not to boast or brag but only to offer some hope to someone that is currently waiting for a green card interview.

Thanks visajourney for providing me with hope and guidance in times of doubt and fear ! 

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2019 at 9:31 PM, ChristopherCham said:

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but I just wanted to express some gratitude to this forum and all contributors. I have been reading on this site since the beginning our visa journey and have asked for some advice and received helpful responses and insights. Although I realize I need to add a timeline so that I can help others I just want to let anyone know that if there is anything I can do to help, I would be glad to share our experience. My wife was a J1 visa overstay ( 5 years ) and we filed for AOS in March and had an interview Sept. 28th and her 2 year conditional green card came in the mail today. Our interview was at the Cincinnati office in Ohio. I feel like our process went faster than we expected but it was still scary at times but we have remained hopeful for a positive outcome. This is not to boast or brag but only to offer some hope to someone that is currently waiting for a green card interview.

Thanks visajourney for providing me with hope and guidance in times of doubt and fear ! 

Congratulations! Its wonderful that she wasn't subject to the two year requirement as that is one time consuming, frustrating and painstaking process to get through. Anyway, did you guys file EAD and I-485 concurrently? If yes, when did she recieve her EAD?

On 12/29/2019 at 6:59 PM, Stylish said:

Congratulations! Its wonderful that she wasn't subject to the two year requirement as that is one time consuming, frustrating and painstaking process to get through. Anyway, did you guys file EAD and I-485 concurrently? If yes, when did she recieve her EAD?

Thank you ! Yes, we filed concurrently. I believe her EAD came the beginning of September which was just like 3 weeks before the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.