Kerege

Correcting error on ds260 at interview

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone experience or know of anyone who experienced having to correct errors on ds260 during the interview stage? The nvc says once in DQ corrections cant be made and to.write a statement to address the errors and take to the interview or email the embassy. The nvc website says only nvc or the embassy can reopen ds260 for correction but nvc doesnt seem to be of any help in that manner. What happened at the interview when trying to correct errors? Did it cause any delays? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

My form had a few minor mistakes. I just brought it up when handing over my documents at the interview and they fixed it on the spot and it caused no delays.

Edited by Megadreams
Clarified that it didn't cause any delays.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:18 AM, Megadreams said:

My form had a few minor mistakes. I just brought it up when handing over my documents at the interview and they fixed it on the spot and it caused no delays.

Ok thanks good to know 

This happened to someone I know yesterday at her interview in Lima. Her attorney completed 2 DS260s, one in Spanish, one in English. The Spanish version incorrectly listed her as single (she is divorced). At the interview, she was told this had to be fixed or it would require an interview rescheduling. She was given time to correct so she walked outside and called her attorneys office in NY. The paralegal fixed Online and when she walked back, the embassy could already see that the correction was done. She was approved but what a scare. 

3 hours ago, Percy said:

This happened to someone I know yesterday at her interview in Lima. Her attorney completed 2 DS260s, one in Spanish, one in English. The Spanish version incorrectly listed her as single (she is divorced). At the interview, she was told this had to be fixed or it would require an interview rescheduling. She was given time to correct so she walked outside and called her attorneys office in NY. The paralegal fixed Online and when she walked back, the embassy could already see that the correction was done. She was approved but what a scare. 

Ok thank you for this info 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.