K-9 Visa

What airlines fly from Cuba to Guyana?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
5 hours ago, K-9 Visa said:

All I can find is Copa, flying from Havana to Panama to Georgetown. Are there any other options? Do I have to buy her a return ticket to Cuba?

I’ve been using the app Skiplagged to search and it looks like Caribbean Airlines flies there too. Sometimes it depends on the day of the week you search because of the flight schedules. The Caribbean flights stop through Port of Spain Trinidad.

Timeline

K185699

2 hours ago, livinginlove said:

I’ve been using the app Skiplagged to search and it looks like Caribbean Airlines flies there too. Sometimes it depends on the day of the week you search because of the flight schedules. The Caribbean flights stop through Port of Spain Trinidad.

Thanks! Caribbean Airlines is less than half the price of Copa, and 6 hours instead of 11 hours. Looking at the flight map, Havana to Trinidad to Georgetown is almost a direct line. Plus Trinidad sounds more fun than Panama, if she gets stuck there for a day or two.

Timeline
16 hours ago, K-9 Visa said:

K185699

Thanks! Caribbean Airlines is less than half the price of Copa, and 6 hours instead of 11 hours. Looking at the flight map, Havana to Trinidad to Georgetown is almost a direct line. Plus Trinidad sounds more fun than Panama, if she gets stuck there for a day or two.

My thoughts exactly! So glad I could help. This process is crazy and confusing. It’s great we can help each other piece together information and tips.

Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 12:47 PM, K-9 Visa said:

All I can find is Copa, flying from Havana to Panama to Georgetown. Are there any other options? Do I have to buy her a return ticket to Cuba?

On 10/27/2019 at 1:30 PM, livinginlove said:

My thoughts exactly! So glad I could help. This process is crazy and confusing. It’s great we can help each other piece together information and tips.

She does need a return ticket, Cuban immigration won't allow her to depart without a return ticket and Guyana will want to know that she has a return ticket or a forward ticket out of their country. Buy the return ticket the morning of her flight to Guyana and cancel it after she lands. It can take up to 5 business days (some people waited 6 business days others only 1) to receive the passport and visa back so either plan in advance to be in Guyana for that period of time and buy tickets to the US in advance or buy the ticket once they return her passport.

Timeline
2 hours ago, LaBeach said:

She does need a return ticket, Cuban immigration won't allow her to depart without a return ticket and Guyana will want to know that she has a return ticket or a forward ticket out of their country. Buy the return ticket the morning of her flight to Guyana and cancel it after she lands. It can take up to 5 business days (some people waited 6 business days others only 1) to receive the passport and visa back so either plan in advance to be in Guyana for that period of time and buy tickets to the US in advance or buy the ticket once they return her passport.

That’s a great idea to buy the return ticket the day of travel so you can cancel it. I knew we’d need a return, but hadn’t thought of this. I was thinking I’d just be out the ticket.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, livinginlove said:

That’s a great idea to buy the return ticket the day of travel so you can cancel it. I knew we’d need a return, but hadn’t thought of this. I was thinking I’d just be out the ticket.

I bought her a "Economy Plus" refundable return ticket.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, livinginlove said:

20 minutes ago, K-9 Visa said:

I bought her a "Economy Plus" refundable return ticket.

Are you able to get a refund if she uses the initial leg of the ticket? If not, I would cancel and buy her 1 way to Guyana now and then a 1-way back to Cuba on the morning of her flight to Guyana so you're not out the money. You are already going to pay a premium for the last minute one-way ticket to the US so not losing the other ticket $ is a good thing. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, LaBeach said:

Are you able to get a refund if she uses the initial leg of the ticket? If not, I would cancel and buy her 1 way to Guyana now and then a 1-way back to Cuba on the morning of her flight to Guyana so you're not out the money. You are already going to pay a premium for the last minute one-way ticket to the US so not losing the other ticket $ is a good thing. 

Exactly, I bought her two one-way tickets. One Super Basic Economy Cheap Seats, the other Economy Plus (refundable).

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.