5 posts in this topic

Hi There,

I am sorry if this has been asked 100 times or if this isn't the correct place to ask, but my husband and I finally got his biometircs appointment letter, but the only issue is the city we live in is in Eastern time but the place we have to go to is in Central time, and there is no time zone listed on the appointment time, it just says 10 AM. I would think that it is in local time to the facility we are going to, and I can't remember if that's how it was when we initially filed two years ago! Does anyone know if that is how they do it? Thank you! 

The time listed is based on the time zone of the facility you are assigned.  We had the opposite of you, live in Central had to go to Eastern, and we arrived at 10 AM local time.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

4 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

The time listed is based on the time zone of the facility you are assigned.  We had the opposite of you, live in Central had to go to Eastern, and we arrived at 10 AM local time.

Gah! Thank you so much! We did this two years ago when initially filing for his green card but I for the life of me couldn't remember if that's how it was! It made sense but I just wasn't sure. Thank you! 

Just now, chexmixer said:

Gah! Thank you so much! We did this two years ago when initially filing for his green card but I for the life of me couldn't remember if that's how it was! It made sense but I just wasn't sure. Thank you! 

No problem, happy to help!  The only way I remembered it was because I had to think of it like flight times that are based on local time zone 🙂

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

2 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

No problem, happy to help!  The only way I remembered it was because I had to think of it like flight times that are based on local time zone 🙂

Yeah that makes sense, and a good way to think about it! I figured it was safe to assume it was local time but you know how that goes....lol! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.