Yeonju

Changing address for petitioner and beneficiary

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi 😃

We just received our NoA2 (yay) and waiting for case number from NVC.

My fiance (petitioner) moved to another place today and we know that we need to change the his address through USCIS website.

I (beneficiary) am currently living in dubai and I’m going back to Korea, where I’ll have an interview, next month.

In this case, how should I update my new address and contact number? Contact to NVC or embassy itself?

I know my fiance will be received a notification from NVC via email once they send our petition to embassy, but how the embassy will contact me if my contact number is changed? :( 

TIA!! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your fiance needs to do a proper Change of Address with USCIS and USPS as soon as possible, see link below. Suggest that your fiance contact NVC and try to get the DOS Casefile number. That phone number is always being mentioned on this forum, review some pages here, or at the NVC forum. He will likely have to provide at a minimum: the WAC receipt number, name and DOB of both of you when talking with the NVC. Depending on where your file is in the processing queue, they may want your new mailing and/or email address

Did your fiance identify the Seoul embassy as your interviewing embassy on their Form I-129F? If so, you will need to contact the embassy and update your contact address information. You will likely need your DOS Casefile number for reference purposes. The WAC receipt number may also be useful. 

Neither of you should rely on anybody contacting you via snail mail or email. The email to your fiance is likely to occur. Neither of you should expect timely or proper snail mail delivery of important documents or notices, since both of you have, or will be moving. Both of you need to be proactive so that you do not miss out on deliver of important notices or documents.

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
5 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Your fiance needs to do a proper Change of Address with USCIS and USPS as soon as possible, see link below. Suggest that your fiance contact NVC and try to get the DOS Casefile number. That phone number is always being mentioned on this forum, review some pages here, or at the NVC forum. He will likely have to provide at a minimum: the WAC receipt number, name and DOB of both of you when talking with the NVC. Depending on where your file is in the processing queue, they may want your new mailing and/or email address

Did your fiance identify the Seoul embassy as your interviewing embassy on their Form I-129F? If so, you will need to contact the embassy and update your contact address information. You will likely need your DOS Casefile number for reference purposes. The WAC receipt number may also be useful. 

Neither of you should rely on anybody contacting you via snail mail or email. The email to your fiance is likely to occur. Neither of you should expect timely or proper snail mail delivery of important documents or notices, since both of you have, or will be moving. Both of you need to be proactive so that you do not miss out on deliver of important notices or documents.

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Thank you so much!!

We just got our NoA2 few days ago, but can we still ask for our case number? Isn’t too early?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Yeonju said:

Thank you so much!!

We just got our NoA2 few days ago, but can we still ask for our case number? Isn’t too early?

What exactly is a "few days ago"?  Check recent forum postings in K1 Process and K1 Progress Forums for approximate times for notification sent by NVC to petitioner and current forum practice.  When to contact NVC after NOA2 is always a popular topic of discussion in the forums. Sure it may be too early, at this transfer of your precious file between these two huge government departments, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of State (DOS). But too late could result in delay or derail your visa processing. If the notice was sent via email it shouldn't be a problem, your petitioner should receive it. However, if the NVC notice was sent by snail mail, and a timely and proper change of address wasn't provided to USCIS and USPS, the NVC letter may be forever "lost in the mail." Hence the need to promptly inform these bureaucracies of your current mailing address. Please refer to the intent of the previous USCIS link I provided to you. It is time for both of you to become proactive and help guide your  petition to appropriate embassy/consulate. Step up your game and get involved.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.