TimsDaisy

Medical done

143 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Daisy -- just to change tack here a moment. I just saw on your timeline that the medical is "in the file" at the Embassy. When I was doing my own version of Department of State bothering (and everyone else seemed to be getting P4 and we weren't, grumble), I was told that receiving the medical file *sometimes* has the effect of effectively jogging the Embassy's memory about your file and getting off its institutional backside to do something. This was presented to me as not the gospel truth, but as a possibility. I seem to recall that Bruce's medical arrived on the 11th of May and by the 18th, voila, there was P4.

Yes, they do have medical something or other being entered on June 11. But that's the last entry. Prior to that, just the May 20 sent-p3-out date.

TracyTN - I called them and said, I want to find out if it is entered. They said no. I said, well, it's been awhile, is there anything to be done. I'm afraid it didn't get there. Would it be worth it to send it again. The operator said, you can send it again, there's no other way to check unless theyupdate their system with it. So there's no problem with that, then, I asked. No, said the operator, I would go ahead and just re-send it.

RJ - I really don't think you've been paying attention to what I've been saying I've been doing, nor what I want to happen. And a better point: do you think you're going to change my mind on how to handle my affairs in this process? This whole unfortunate interaction started because I said I *was* sweating the process and I was frustrated that London got slower again. I hardly think it was an unreasonable, hysterical grumble. You took it and ran with it. So be it. But I'm not recommending paying off diplomats or chaining myself to the White House gates until our visa is taken care of.

I'll save zen child-bearing patience and philosophy for the yoga studio where it finds a more appropriate home.

Oh, but with pregnancy, I don't think the baby can get lost on the way down the vaginal canal. So the two processes are different.

Please ease off now. You're stressing far more than I ever did in this thread.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TracyTN - I called them and said, I want to find out if it is entered. They said no. I said, well, it's been awhile, is there anything to be done. I'm afraid it didn't get there. Would it be worth it to send it again. The operator said, you can send it again, there's no other way to check unless theyupdate their system with it. So there's no problem with that, then, I asked. No, said the operator, I would go ahead and just re-send it.

Ok - I was just trying to understand. I know it seems like splitting hairs a bit, but if she had suggested it to you before you brought it up, well - I guess I just see those as two different things.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This is the time of the year when London slows down. Two weeks is really not much to worry about. It is quite possible the person handling your case is off on holiday. Looking at my own timeline, it was roughly a month between the time London rec'd our case to the time we got packet four, and then another month to schedule the interview. Our case hit London right at the end of May as well. Call DOS tomorrow, as I have mentioned before they seem to do updates often on Fridays.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
God and the State Department help those who help themselves.

Well, I don't believe in God so does that mean the only option for me is to pray to the State Department when we want rain? :girlwerewolf2xn::P

Edited by mags

Well, I don't believe in God so does that mean the only option for me is to pray to the State Department when we want rain? :girlwerewolf2xn::P

I'm sure they'd be happy to do some cloud seeding for you...

Right, now its my turn to grumble. I'll be screwed if the interview takes longer than usual to schedule as my employment contract expires at the end of August, and with it my place to live...

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Ok - I was just trying to understand. I know it seems like splitting hairs a bit, but if she had suggested it to you before you brought it up, well - I guess I just see those as two different things.

I still think it's a mistake. In my 2 years of reading this board 4 weeks is far, far more normal than Tracey's experience (and I think she won the London Embassy lottery on that one!). When I first started this process there were people waiting as long as 8-12 weeks - I don't think anyone waited less than 3-4. And it almost always took that 3-4 week minimum to enter packet 3 in the system.

I really just think it's futile and unnecessary worrying to do anything at 2 weeks - I really wouldn't hit panic mode and even consider re-sending that packet 3 until 6 weeks. And even if she suggested it, I think that has the potential to make matters much worse.

Two things I learned going through this process:

1. Don't expect to be able to apply logic to anything they do

2. Don't apply the same methods/manner of customer service you would expect from, say, a bank. It won't happen. If you do get something resembling such, consider yourself very lucky.

In the words of my lawyer "they're the US government, they can do what they want."

90day.jpg

Timeline

I'm not in panic mode.

It's already been mailed.

How will it make things worse? Do you have examples of such situations?

I based my decision on approximations gathered from recent VJer experience. How it was one or two years ago is not how it was 3 months ago which in turn is not how it was 1 month ago which in turn is not how it is now, which is closer to how it was 3 months ago.

I'd still love to know what dark and scary future could befall us? Are there examples here on VJ? Will they deny our visa because we sent two copies of the same forms back to them, with a full explanation.

I don't know why I'm still defending either my feelings or my decisions here. I'm not sure if I asked for input on this thread or not. I don't think I did. If I did, thanks for your reply. But it's been mailed now, so guess you can just enjoy a "told you so" moment if something bad does happen.

VJ is a great source of information but it is also a hotbed of imagined boogeymen and trumped up fears.

Go find someone who did the process free of both legal and VJ help. They'll have done it fine, in most cases, and never even grown fears akin to the ones spawned here daily. I still think there's good info here, but man alive, there's too much fear.

p.s. the State Department has offered twice the level of customer service of my bank, which isn't saying too much, but it's still far better.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm not in panic mode.

It's already been mailed.

I based my decision on approximations gathered from recent VJer experience. How it was one or two years ago is not how it was 3 months ago which in turn is not how it was 1 month ago which in turn is not how it is now, which is closer to how it was 3 months ago.

I'd still love to know what dark and scary future could befall us? Are there examples here on VJ? Will they deny our visa because we sent two copies of the same forms back to them, with a full explanation.

I don't know why I'm still defending either my feelings or my decisions here. I'm not sure if I asked for input on this thread or not. I don't think I did. If I did, thanks for your reply. But it's been mailed now, so guess you can just enjoy a "told you so" moment if something bad does happen.

VJ is a great source of information but it is also a hotbed of imagined boogeymen and trumped up fears.

Go find someone who did the process free of both legal and VJ help. They'll have done it fine, in most cases, and never even grown fears akin to the ones spawned here daily. I still think there's good info here, but man alive, there's too much fear.

p.s. the State Department has offered twice the level of customer service of my bank, which isn't saying too much, but it's still far better.

Then just don't?

Dawny(UK) and Tommy(South Carolina) The Journey Begins!!

- January 17, 2007 - Sent I-129F

- January 23, 2007 - I-129F received at TSC!

- January 30, 2007 - NOA1 sent!

- February 1, 2007 - Touched!

- February 2, 2007 - Cheque cashed by CSC!

- February 5, 2007 - Tommy received NOA1 (Hard copy!) Yay!

- April 5, 2007 - Tommy is coming to me for 12 days yay!! :)

- Impatiently waiting!

- April 27, 2007 - NOA2!! :)

- April 28, 2007 - Touched, oh my!

- May 11, 2007 - NVC receives our stuffs :)

- May 15, 2007 - NVC Sends our stuffs to London, yay! :)

- May 29, 2007 - Packet 3 received.

- June 7 , 2007 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

- July 11, 2007 - Received Packet 4.

- August 16, 2007 - Interview at 10AM :)

- March 19, 2008 - Court allows permission to take my daughter to live in the US! :)

- March 31, 2008 - Sent Passports and documents to the Embassy. Waiting for Visas...

- April 10, 2008 - Visas in hand!!! Omgosh!!

- June 23, 2008 - Going home to my man, finally :) POE (ATL)

- 08-08-08 - Wedding :)

- 08-21-10 - 2 year Green Card received! :)

I do actually - I accidentally sent 2 copies of my G325a forms with my AOS package and they had a 20 minute conversation about it at the interview. Why? They were confused as to why they had 2 copies.

someone was banned from emailing/contacting the London Embassy because they freaked out after a few weeks of no confirmed receipt of packet 3 and couldn't find about their status for weeks. Do you want this to happen to you as well? Because yes, bad things have happened when people overreacted to normal processing times.

I'm trying to attack you or even scare you - I'm trying to help you. Everyone's experience - whether 2 years ago or 2 weeks ago - is unique. What is not unique is waiting 4 weeks or longer for London Embassy to acknowledge receipt.

90day.jpg

Timeline

No problem. I'm definately easing off. Why? Because your problems are 'small stuff' and I'm not sweating them along with you.

Oh save it. Honestly, save it. You were the only one ever sweating my expression of frustration to begin with. Others chose to vent as well. Not you, because you're done with the visa part. So be it.

Go out to dinner with your husband or something. Since he's here and you can do that. Once my fiance is here, and we can, I won't be sweating this kind of 'small stuff' again, I assure you. I hope to hell I've never trivialized anyone else's journey here - if I have, I am truly sorry.

Really, rebeccajo, badly played.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Filed: Other Timeline

No problem. I'm definately easing off. Why? Because your problems are 'small stuff' and I'm not sweating them along with you.

Oh save it. Honestly, save it. You were the only one ever sweating my expression of frustration to begin with. Others chose to vent as well. Not you, because you're done with the visa part. So be it.

Go out to dinner with your husband or something. Since he's here and you can do that. Once my fiance is here, and we can, I won't be sweating this kind of 'small stuff' again, I assure you. I hope to hell I've never trivialized anyone else's journey here - if I have, I am truly sorry.

Really, rebeccajo, badly played.

Not badly played. It's the truth. Waiting two weeks is small stuff - you know that and everybody here knows that. It's the truth, but you don't like it - so that makes me a bad person for pointing it out to you.

Oh well. My bad.

Timeline
I think spending over a year in name check hell means rebeccajo knows a little bit more about hellacious waiting times and having no control over the process than you do.

I hadn't realized he needed to leave the country during that processing time, my mistake.

This is so not a game of whose process sucks more. I never for a second said I was getting an unfair shake from the Embassy. I said, damn, I hate that I missed that fast period where things went so well. Then, #######, some are still getting through in short time, hope my stuff didn't get lost.

I don't claim I'm suffering an undue amount. But I'm not going fake like I enjoy the waiting. No one here does. And I haven't been yelping for special attention. Nor have I bombarded the Embassy with calls and emails.

You're all off in your own little world of facts here, few of which seem to exist in reality.

If questions arise about duplicate information at the Embassy, we'll be prepared to answer them. We'll be prepared to answer questions on much bigger-deal-issues than that, for that matter.

Anyway, I hope you all can calm down after worrying so much about my problems - past any level of worry I had ever expressed. Others said they were frustrated too, so why am I the only bad guy? Don't answer. Doesn't matter. Your "small stuff" - not mine.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Seriously, peeps. Let's put it out here in black and white. There are at least 3 people 'ahead' of TimsDaisy in wait times. People who have sent theirs out on the same day as TimsDaisy have already received their interview dates while she has not.

This suggests to me that there is NO way to predict any of this, or make sense out of it - which is exactly the same situation as when you are in the service center. I *think* that is all that anyone is really trying to say here.

And FWIW, I DO think its unfair to suggest that someone's wait is easier because of no longer being separated. That does ring a bit towards belittling what someone else goes through.

Name..................Visa....P3Sent..MedDate.....P4Rec'd...IntDate/Time........Status

Disco....................K1.......05/02.....05/09..................

justbee&robbie.....CR1......05/12.............................

psho.....................K1.......05/24.............................

TimsDaisy.............K1........05/29....06/07................

ValWesUKUS..........K1........05/30....06/06...................

Jake & Ali..............K1........06/04....06/12...............

Dawny&Tommy.....K1.......06/07.............................

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.