Can someone help me  

1. 1. Can anyone tell me how do I fill out

• Part 3 of the i-751 for a k2
    • And part 4 of the i-751 for k2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can anyone tell me how to filled how part 3 and part 4 of the i-751 for a k2 and how do I get my married name on my 10 year green card cause am about to send in my i- 751

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Samantha DiMa said:

Can anyone tell me how to filled how part 3 and part 4 of the i-751 for a k2 and how do I get my married name on my 10 year green card cause am about to send in my i- 751

To get any help you have to provide some background info on the situation. You have left out some important information that will determine the answers to your questions. For example:

• Is the K2 seeking removal of conditions (ROC) at the same time as the K1? If so, part 3 and part 4 would not be applicable. The K2's information would be needed in part 5, assuming K2 is seeking ROC is seeking at the same time as the K1. That would be the usual and customary method for a K2 to file for ROC.
  • After the K1 and K2 Port of Entry (POE), did the K1 marry their USC petitioner, and then filed for Adjustment of Status (AOS) using the new married name? That is the usual and customary time and method to get the married name put on the 2-year conditional GC. If not, the K1 will have go to a local court of law and get their name legally changed. After that, they will have to read the instructions and fill out a Form I-90 to have the last name changed on their conditional GC, and then continue the ROC process.

Hopefully, other members may have a simpler and less expensive process to get the name change done.

Good luck on your immigration journey.  

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
On 9/28/2019 at 4:57 PM, Samantha DiMa said:

I already did my AOS as well as the k2 so now am getting ready to send in the ROC package but when I got the conditional green card they sent it in my maiden name 

Timeline

So, you filed your AOS with your newly acquired last name, and they sent you a 2-yr GC with your maiden name? You just noticed the error?? To change it you need to fill out the Form I-90 to get a correction on the 2-yr GC. You shouldn't have to pay for it, but you need to read and follow the form instructions:

• If you are filing the Form I-90 because your current Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) contains incorrect information due to a Department of Homeland Security error, such as a misspelled name, you do not have to pay a filing fee.

However, you must send us:

1. The original card that contains the incorrect information; and
  2. Evidence documenting your correct name or biographical information.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Timeline

I wish I had come here and ask sooner because my 2 years green card expired in December so I have to send in my i- 751 package and I think they gonna send me the 10 year green card with my maiden name  can I send the I-90 with the  i-751 package do I have to wait until I get the next card

Timeline

Sounds like you have kinda painted yourself into a corner. The ROC petition/paperwork needs to be sent to USCIS in Dallas, TX (since you live in Pennsylvania [check form instructions for specifics, link previously given]). It seems that the Form I-90 can be done online, I don't know your specifics, or online form requirements. You should check it out and see if that avenue is available to you. Otherwise, the Form I-90 has to be filled out and mailed to USCIS in Phoenix, AZ (check form instructions for specifics, link previously given).

I have no idea the current processing time for GC corrections, maybe another member may know?? You could try contacting USCIS customer service with your issues and see if they can recommend a remedy???

Edited by Pitaya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.