Mattie0212

Not subject to 2yr rule and now applying for K-1, will this affect my visa process?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All

I hope someone can help

I had a J-1 visa in April 2017 and left the US in May of 2018. I am now in the process of applying for a K-1 visa to go and marry my fiance. 

I was not subject to the 2yr rule but i want to know if it will affect my visa process as I've only been home for 18 months at this point.

Has anyone been through this? I need to get some clarity as i need to fill in forms and not sure how to answer the questions in regards to the 2 yr  rule on my immigration forms.

Thanks in advance

:)

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Mattie0212 said:

Hi All

I hope someone can help

I had a J-1 visa in April 2017 and left the US in May of 2018. I am now in the process of applying for a K-1 visa to go and marry my fiance. 

I was not subject to the 2yr rule but i want to know if it will affect my visa process as I've only been home for 18 months at this point.

Has anyone been through this? I need to get some clarity as i need to fill in forms and not sure how to answer the questions in regards to the 2 yr  rule on my immigration forms.

Thanks in advance

:)

Just an update... both my visa and my DS-2019 state I’m not subject to the 2yr rule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like you should be fine. If you're not subject to it, then I don't see how this would be an obstacle for you. Unfortunately, we were subject to the two year rule which just ended 3 days ago! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, mia305au said:

Sounds like you should be fine. If you're not subject to it, then I don't see how this would be an obstacle for you. Unfortunately, we were subject to the two year rule which just ended 3 days ago! 

Thank you for responding!! 

I hope it doesnt. So many hoops to jump through. 

3 days ago!! Wow!! Well good luck with your journey!! Sending you good vibes 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.