Christofuk

Tax transcripts

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone recently had tax transcripts posted to the UK from the IRS? And could share how long the process of filing & receiving transcripts normally takes? 

I posted tax returns for the previous 3 years via the IRS streamlined procedure at the start of August. I was wondering how long I should expect to wait until tax transcripts become available to order & then arrive in uk.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Christofuk said:

Has anyone recently had tax transcripts posted to the UK from the IRS? And could share how long the process of filing & receiving transcripts normally takes? 

I posted tax returns for the previous 3 years via the IRS streamlined procedure at the start of August. I was wondering how long I should expect to wait until tax transcripts become available to order & then arrive in uk.

Thank you.

Processing varies by individual so it's hard to guess. You can download the transcript and print yourself (whenever it's posted) instead of waiting for mail.

For your interview, you can also print out the actual tax return(s) filed and take those.  With the I-864, you can provide the one most recent transcript or the actual tax forms...1040, 2555, Schedule 1, etc. It would be whatever IRS tax forms that made up your return. Typically the printed forms would have a W2 with it, but since you did not work in the US, there is no W2. And since you aren't using the tax return to prove income, it shouldn't matter that you have no W2. You are providing one tax return simply to meet the requirement of the latest tax return.

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Processing varies by individual so it's hard to guess. You can download the transcript and print yourself (whenever it's posted) instead of waiting for mail.

For your interview, you can also print out the actual tax return(s) filed and take those.  With the I-864, you can provide the one most recent transcript or the actual tax forms...1040, 2555, Schedule 1, etc. It would be whatever IRS tax forms that made up your return. Typically the printed forms would have a W2 with it, but since you did not work in the US, there is no W2. And since you aren't using the tax return to prove income, it shouldn't matter that you have no W2. You are providing one tax return simply to meet the requirement of the latest tax return.

Thanks.

I heard that the London embassy required tax transcripts now and unfortunately I can’t access the IRS online portal to download the transcripts as it requires US mobile no in your name.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Christofuk said:

Thanks.

I heard that the London embassy required tax transcripts now and unfortunately I can’t access the IRS online portal to download the transcripts as it requires US mobile no in your name.

That mobile phone thing is new to me. Wasn't there last time we used it. I guess they had to add another layer of security. 

I don't see how London could require a transcript when the I-864 form instructions say either is acceptable.  Was it just one person who said that? Maybe it was a one off situation. You may have to go with the tax return and explain why you don't have transcripts if they ask. They are usually very flexible and don't put any extra requirements on people. 

Good luck to you.

Hi Chris 

I did the streamline process recently  i sent it to the IRS on 10th June 2019 they received it on 17th June 2019

- on 2nd August i managed to request 2016 tax transcript it took 16 days to be delivered. I have been chasing the international tax line weekly as 2017 and 2018 was still processing they work backwards i called yesterday 04th September and FINALLY 17 and 18 been processed ordered transcript over phone yesterday my interview is 2 weeks today so praying i get it in time.

Edited by Floridadream2020

1 hour ago, Floridadream2020 said:

Hi Chris 

I did the streamline process recently  i sent it to the IRS on 10th June 2019 they received it on 17th June 2019

- on 2nd August i managed to request 2016 tax transcript it took 16 days to be delivered. I have been chasing the international tax line weekly as 2017 and 2018 was still processing they work backwards i called yesterday 04th September and FINALLY 17 and 18 been processed ordered transcript over phone yesterday my interview is 2 weeks today so praying i get it in time.

Thanks so much, that is really helpful. I hope you get them in time for the interview. Best of luck.

1 minute ago, Christofuk said:

Thanks so much, that is really helpful. I hope you get them in time for the interview. Best of luck.

Thank you everything crossed 🤞

Big tip call the tax line 001 267 941 1000 option 1 then 4 then 2 and call between 11-1130 am UK time you get straight through any other time times about 30 mins 

38 minutes ago, Floridadream2020 said:

Thank you everything crossed 🤞

Big tip call the tax line 001 267 941 1000 option 1 then 4 then 2 and call between 11-1130 am UK time you get straight through any other time times about 30 mins 

Great, thanks. 

I saw you had to book separate visa appointments for your children? That seems unusual. I have 2 young children and I thought they could all be interviewed together! 

On 9/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, Wuozopo said:

That mobile phone thing is new to me. Wasn't there last time we used it. I guess they had to add another layer of security.

They also started redacting the transcripts so they only show the last 4 of your SSN and the first 4 or 5 characters of your name and address. I had to do a bunch of highlighting and annotating and cross-referencing before sending off this year's offering to the Student Loans Company. 🤦‍♀️ It's the most ridiculously secure thing.

21 hours ago, Christofuk said:

Great, thanks. 

I saw you had to book separate visa appointments for your children? That seems unusual. I have 2 young children and I thought they could all be interviewed together! 

Yes as they are all on separate visa numbers you cant group them together so i have husband and 16 year old at 11am and daughter at 1130 we will all go together so they may see us all at same time or husband and then i can go with kids will let you know how it works when i go :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Floridadream2020 said:

Yes as they are all on separate visa numbers you cant group them together so i have husband and 16 year old at 11am and daughter at 1130 we will all go together so they may see us all at same time or husband and then i can go with kids will let you know how it works when i go :)

I think appointment times are more of a "suggestion" rather than a strictly adhered to schedule. When you are called to the first window (to turn in documents) tell the person you are a family of three and ask if all three cases can go back to the same interviewer together. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, Floridadream2020 said:

Hey. How did the interview go?

It went amazing they seen all 3 at same time and was approved on the day after me panicking as my tax transcripts hadn’t arrived 🙈 accepted my 1040 for 2018 with no issues 🙌 interview was on Thursday and visas shows as issued Friday just awaiting text to say we can collect passports :) 

Just now, Floridadream2020 said:

It went amazing they seen all 3 at same time and was approved on the day after me panicking as my tax transcripts hadn’t arrived 🙈 accepted my 1040 for 2018 with no issues 🙌 interview was on Thursday and visas shows as issued Friday just awaiting text to say we can collect passports :) 

That’s great news! Congratulations! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.