Jump to content

Form 6059B K1 entry with B2 family member

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I will be going to US under a K1 visa, and my mom and cousin will be traveling to US with me under the B2 visa to attend my wedding and we will sightseeing together.

My mom doesn't know English and I would like to go through custom border with her, I know 1 form per family but our visa are different can we still fill the form together?

On question 15. is that my personal belonging like laptop, camera, doesn't have to declare? and only the gifts need to declare? 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure about question # 7 country of residence though.

I might be wrong but for you, # 7 answer is USA, while for your mom and cousin, it is different.

Based on that, you might need one form for yourself and another one for your cousin and mom. Your cousin can include your mom in his/her customs declaration if they're residing in same country. Maybe somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong.


from website https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/454/related/1

You may bring your personal and household belongings duty-free as long as they were in your possession or household for one year or longer.


imo Just declare them, specifically writing down "x"-yr old laptop/camera etc and put in $0




Here are more useful information (you have to declare the things that were bought overseas and will stay in the US). Just be conscious of the exemption amounts.







Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...