Jules15

I-134 Affidavit of Support question

3 posts in this topic

My fiancé’s interview is coming up, I have sent him all the necessary forms/documents/evidence needed for the interview.

As I was doing a last minute look through all the documents, I noticed I wrote a different income on the I-134 form than what’s reflected on my tax transcript. At the time I was filing out the I-134 form, I wrote my “projected income” (if it helps, I am a nurse that graduated last year) instead of the income that’s on my tax transcripts.

Both incomes are sufficient and meet the criteria for being above the poverty line. I’m just worried that this small detail will slow us down. 

Any advice/ experience from anyone who’s had their interview in London would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you! 

1 hour ago, Jules15 said:

My fiancé’s interview is coming up, I have sent him all the necessary forms/documents/evidence needed for the interview.

As I was doing a last minute look through all the documents, I noticed I wrote a different income on the I-134 form than what’s reflected on my tax transcript. At the time I was filing out the I-134 form, I wrote my “projected income” (if it helps, I am a nurse that graduated last year) instead of the income that’s on my tax transcripts.

Both incomes are sufficient and meet the criteria for being above the poverty line. I’m just worried that this small detail will slow us down. 

Any advice/ experience from anyone who’s had their interview in London would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you! 

No worries. London is very easy going and aren't going to judge how you filled out the form. And you don't have to put last year's tax number on the form if you make more now, but generally you should bring something that verifies the new salary like an employer letter or pay stubs.  However, your tax return qualifies so it doesn't matter. It's enough. You won't get more approved for making more. London approves K1s with only one proof. They don't even require a tax return if you bring something else to show your income. Very flexible with the I-134. 

14 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

No worries. London is very easy going and aren't going to judge how you filled out the form. And you don't have to put last year's tax number on the form if you make more now, but generally you should bring something that verifies the new salary like an employer letter or pay stubs.  However, your tax return qualifies so it doesn't matter. It's enough. You won't get more approved for making more. London approves K1s with only one proof. They don't even require a tax return if you bring something else to show your income. Very flexible with the I-134. 

Thank you so much for your reply! Definitely makes me feel better and I’ve let my fiancé know about what you said. I’ve included tax transcripts, W2, employment letter and pay stubs. It may seem like over kill now, but better to be prepared than not. 

Thanks again! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.