Marriam23

Administrative processing London Embassy

6 posts in this topic

My husband had his interview May 28th 2019 where they asked for a new affidavit of support for the co sponsor. We were given a 221g and put on administrative processing. I submitted the documents by June 3rd 2019 but we have yet to receive an update. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

That would be highly unusual for London if the only factor was getting new documentation. If there are other factors like not born in the UK or visits to terrorist countries,  sometimes extra security checks hold up the visa.

Have your husband use the contact form to ask them to confirm they received the requested Affidavit of Support and are not awaiting further information from him. 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/

Edited by Wuozopo

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

That would be highly unusual for London if the only factor was getting new documentation. If there are other factors like not born in the UK or visits to terrorist countries,  sometimes extra security checks hold up the visa.

Have your husband use the contact form to ask them to confirm they received the requested Affidavit of Support and are not awaiting further information from him. 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv-contact/

That’s what I thought too. We didn’t let ourselves get upset because we figured that all we have to do is send in everything and it should be fine. But here we are 3.5 months later and still nothing 😔

I can’t think of any reason for the delay. He was born in London and has lived there his whole life. The only country he has travelled to that may raise alarms is Pakistan but he hasn’t been there in 16 years! He was a child when he visited. Everywhere else he’s travelled has been within Europe and pretty basic honestly. Paris, Barcelona, Santorini, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam, split. Absolutely nothing that would be questionable. 

They sent a confirmation email after receiving the documents. After we didn’t hear anything we checked again and they confirmed they did and that we have to wait 60 days. We inquired after the 60 day mark and got an automated message about how most cases are resolved in 60 days but others may take longer and that they can’t provide status updates in the interim. 

I feel so helpless right now. I don’t know what to do. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marriam23 said:

I feel so helpless right now. I don’t know what to do. 

Who is your US congressman? Are you in Harris County or one of the surrounding areas?

4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Who is your US congressman? Are you in Harris County or one of the surrounding areas?

I’m in sugarland so it falls into fort bend. Pete Olsen is the congressman. Do you think I should reach out to him to see what’s going on? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Marriam23 said:

I’m in sugarland so it falls into fort bend. Pete Olsen is the congressman. Do you think I should reach out to him to see what’s going on? 

His office can make an inquiry on your behalf. You have to sign a form allowing them to ask about your case. He has something on his website about requesting from USCIS, but the federal agency where your cas is stuck is the Department of State. There is another form for other agencies. 

https://olson.house.gov/services/help-with-a-federal-agency

Or Ted Cruz https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=form&id=5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.