0NI

AOS of K2 to follow.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everybody.

I would like to ask about the Adjustment of Status of a K2 to follow beneficiary.

The scenario is this, the K1 went to the US and got married. Filed for AOS, while waiting the K2 arrived in the States after 8 months. The K2 is in the process of filing the AOS and one of the requirements is the Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support). Does the Petitioner need to fill-up a new Form I-864 or they can use the form used by the K1?

I read somewhere in this thread that you only need a copy of Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) of the K1 when you file the AOS of the K2. Is this right?

Thanks. :)

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you list the K-2 child on the original I-864 you filed for you wife?   If yes - then send a copy.  If no -  file new I-864

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Did you list the K-2 child on the original I-864 you filed for you wife?   If yes - then send a copy.  If no -  file new I-864

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Is it this part of the form?

We havent filed it yet. I was doing research on K2 AOS to follow and I stumbled upon this situation.

Part 3. 4a of Form I-184

Capture.JPG

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

Timeline
43 minutes ago, 0NI said:

Is it this part of the form?

We havent filed it yet. I was doing research on K2 AOS to follow and I stumbled upon this situation.

Part 3. 4a of Form I-184

Capture.JPG

Ah, you haven't filed for your wife yet ... then include the I-485 & I-693 for the K-2 child with your wife's application.     

For the rest as I read it.

Because it has been over 6 months between when your wife immigrated and the K-2 child immigrated,  you would file separate I-864.    

For your wife's I-864 you would check YES for #1.     As for the K-2's I-864 you would check NO for #1 then check #3

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 8/15/2019 at 6:44 PM, Hank_ said:

Ah, you haven't filed for your wife yet ... then include the I-485 & I-693 for the K-2 child with your wife's application    

For the rest as I read it.

Because it has been over 6 months between when your wife immigrated and the K-2 child immigrated,  you would file separate I-864.    

For your wife's I-864 you would check YES for #1.     As for the K-2's I-864 you would check NO for #1 then check #3

What does this mean Sir Hank?

The scenario is this:

Fiance moved to the States then filed for AOS. 8 months AFTER the K2 follows/moved to the US.

K1/K2

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 0NI said:

What does this mean Sir Hank?

The scenario is this:

Fiance moved to the States then filed for AOS. 8 months AFTER the K2 follows/moved to the US.

Ah your wife did file AOS already, you posted earlier that you hadn't filed yet  .. then ignore the "include" part of my previous posting

Complete the process for the K2 providing the same completed forms along with required evidence (documents) as was done for your wife.

864 info still applies

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.