Jennchilada

I-134 Employment Letter and Bank Statement Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Finally! My case is being sent to Seoul .... :)

1. I have had the same job (Dog walker) for a company for almost 5 years and its a position that is part time/full time. I was full time at first until 2017 which met the poverty guideline but then in 2017-2018 I was part time because I was in school and did not make enough for the poverty line during that time. In 2019 I am now full time at work again.

My real question is for the employment letter, because I am paid per job, not hourly and there are many different types of jobs (30 min walk, 60 min walk, overnight, pet taxi etc). Should my employer outline all of these? (There are more than just what I listed. It is a very specific type of job...)
I have a W2 from 2016 which could give them an idea of how much I would make this year, being full time with all the types of jobs. Should I include the past three years w-2 with a statement about my schooling and the fulltime/part time?

2. How important is it to have a specific amount in the bank statement? I have been paying off loans/bills like crazy before my fiance gets here and there is actually very little money in the account at any one time right now, the highest being when I am paid. I feel as if I made a mistake and should have paid less back so my account balance would be higher... Advice? 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jennchilada said:

Finally! My case is being sent to Seoul .... :)

1. I have had the same job (Dog walker) for a company for almost 5 years and its a position that is part time/full time. I was full time at first until 2017 which met the poverty guideline but then in 2017-2018 I was part time because I was in school and did not make enough for the poverty line during that time. In 2019 I am now full time at work again.

My real question is for the employment letter, because I am paid per job, not hourly and there are many different types of jobs (30 min walk, 60 min walk, overnight, pet taxi etc). Should my employer outline all of these? (There are more than just what I listed. It is a very specific type of job...)
I have a W2 from 2016 which could give them an idea of how much I would make this year, being full time with all the types of jobs. Should I include the past three years w-2 with a statement about my schooling and the fulltime/part time?

2. How important is it to have a specific amount in the bank statement? I have been paying off loans/bills like crazy before my fiance gets here and there is actually very little money in the account at any one time right now, the highest being when I am paid. I feel as if I made a mistake and should have paid less back so my account balance would be higher... Advice? 

Thank you!

Sounds very likely you will need a joint sponsor if your consulate accepts them.  Do you have one lined up?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Sounds very likely you will need a joint sponsor if your consulate accepts them.  Do you have one lined up?

Possibly. You think I would need one even though I make above the poverty line? Is it because of the bank account? Thank you so much for your response!

1 minute ago, Jennchilada said:

Possibly. You think I would need one even though I make above the poverty line? Is it because of the bank account? Thank you so much for your response!

It is more that they are not interested in potential income, but actual, current income.  And if you are hovering close to the poverty line, that may become an issue.  Consulates are now looking more closely at the public charge risk.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

It is more that they are not interested in potential income, but actual, current income.  And if you are hovering close to the poverty line, that may become an issue.  Consulates are now looking more closely at the public charge risk.

I see. My income now, if multiplied out for the rest of the year, is about at least 150% above the poverty line, and I have all the pay stubs and everything... I missed the part about bank statements, everything has gone without any hiccups until now!

But I'll start saving more into the account now and see what happens, and look further into a joint sponsor, thank you for your response!

1 minute ago, Jennchilada said:

I see. My income now, if multiplied out for the rest of the year, is about at least 150% above the poverty line, and I have all the pay stubs and everything... I missed the part about bank statements, everything has gone without any hiccups until now!

But I'll start saving more into the account now and see what happens, and look further into a joint sponsor, thank you for your response!

Unless you are using assets in lieu of part of the income requirements, bank statements are unnecessary. Current income is king.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jennchilada said:

Bank balance won’t make a difference.  They’re interested in cash flow.  That’s why they want statements + total yearly deposits.  They dont care about the balance.  They care about the income record.

Based on being below the 100% line on your 2018 taxes yes, I think they might either ask you for a joint sponsor or deny based on public charge and send it back.

Edited by Nitas_man

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.