kkg325

A decision cannot be made - send follow up docs?

2 posts in this topic

I had my naturalization interview today. I got a letter stating "A decision cannot yet be made about your application." We moved recently, and our IO had a lot of questions about our physical address and mailing address. We have documentation to clarify our situation which we did not bring to the interview. We have not yet received an RFE, but I want to go ahead and mail the IO our additional documents that can answer his questions. Is this appropriate, or should I just wait for an update on the application or RFE?

I-130 process (CR-1):

Spoiler

I-130 sent: October 27, 2014

NOA1: October 30, 2014 (Nebraska Service Center)

NOA2: March 31, 2015

DS-261 completed and AOS bill paid: April 27, 2015

AOS & IV packages sent: May 20, 2015

Checklist for IV fee: June 26, 2015

IV fee paid: July 27, 2015

DS-260 completed: August 10, 2015

Checklist for benificiary's proof of legal residence: September 11, 2015

Beneficiary's proof of legal residence sent: September 15, 2015

Case complete (3 N/A's & confirmation via phone): October 13, 2015

Case complete e-mail received: October 20, 2015

Interview scheduled (P4 received): October 23, 2015

Interview: December 1, 2015 (APPROVED!)

Visa in hand: December 10, 2015

I-751 process (Removal of Conditions):

I-751 sent: December 5, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

NOA received: December 8, 2017 (GC extended until February 2019)

NOA received: August 6, 2018 (GC extended until August 2019)

Transferred to local field office: April 9, 2018

Interview (combo with N-400): August 6, 2019

New card is being produced: August 9, 2019

N-400 process (Naturalization):

N-400 filed: December 3, 2018 (filed online; Hartford, CT field office)

Biometrics letter received: December 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: December 27, 2018 (walked in on December 17, 2018)

Interview: August 6, 2019 ("A decision cannot yet be made about your application")

In line for oath: August 9, 2019

Oath: September 17, 2019

So grateful for visajourney, but so happy to not need it anymore! Good luck to all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, kkg325 said:

I had my naturalization interview today. I got a letter stating "A decision cannot yet be made about your application." We moved recently, and our IO had a lot of questions about our physical address and mailing address. We have documentation to clarify our situation which we did not bring to the interview. We have not yet received an RFE, but I want to go ahead and mail the IO our additional documents that can answer his questions. Is this appropriate, or should I just wait for an update on the application or RFE?

Did he say that you will receive an RFE?  If not , it is better to wait.  He might have satisfied  by your explanation and will approve the case after review with his or her supervisor. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.