3 posts in this topic

Good day every one on VJ my story is quiet a  along one. I met my girlfriend 2014 now my wife then I was in the uk(London) after 3rd visit we got engaged and we file for a k1 visa. My first mistake.....I was an illegal immigrant. Upon getting to the U.S. Embassy for interviews I was ask how I got to the UK obviouslyI told them how I came. But another problem I encountered was I paid the visa fees online  with sister husband bank card though they think its fraud till he came to clear that  because  I was detained. However I was sent back to my country( Nigeria) reaching there we file again K1 visa and I was denied  CO said that she think I am married, she said why is my sister not answering her husband last name  that I used to pay for my first k1 visa application. Basically she think my sister is my wife because we answer the same surname 
So we didn't  know what to do then i came across VJ( I wish I knew VJ before all started) that advised we should get married.
Now we  married and have filed for CR1 but like I posted last month  after 1 year 1 month 
We didn't hear from the USCIS for NOA2 we decided to call and they said it was USCIS error that we will hear from them within 30 day.  Our relationship is 5 years plus, we have met in person 8 times,I am 1 year older than her and My questions are....

1.Should we  call them again since it passed the time they gave us
2.what are your advise to us
3. Do we even stand a chance
4. What other evidence do I have to add to my bachelor's certificate 
5 do we have any red flags?
Please your advise will highly appreciated as we are tired of this process, takes too long lots of money spent we just want to be together  thank you.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Drewjoy said:
Good day every one on VJ my story is quiet a  along one. I met my girlfriend 2014 now my wife then I was in the uk(London) after 3rd visit we got engaged and we file for a k1 visa. My first mistake.....I was an illegal immigrant. Upon getting to the U.S. Embassy for interviews I was ask how I got to the UK obviouslyI told them how I came. But another problem I encountered was I paid the visa fees online  with sister husband bank card though they think its fraud till he came to clear that  because  I was detained. However I was sent back to my country( Nigeria) reaching there we file again K1 visa and I was denied  CO said that she think I am married, she said why is my sister not answering her husband last name  that I used to pay for my first k1 visa application. Basically she think my sister is my wife because we answer the same surname 
So we didn't  know what to do then i came across VJ( I wish I knew VJ before all started) that advised we should get married.
Now we  married and have filed for CR1 but like I posted last month  after 1 year 1 month 
We didn't hear from the USCIS for NOA2 we decided to call and they said it was USCIS error that we will hear from them within 30 day.  Our relationship is 5 years plus, we have met in person 8 times,I am 1 year older than her and My questions are....

1.Should we  call them again since it passed the time they gave us
2.what are your advise to us
3. Do we even stand a chance
4. What other evidence do I have to add to my bachelor's certificate 
5 do we have any red flags?
Please your advise will highly appreciated as we are tired of this process, takes too long lots of money spent we just want to be together  thank you.  

Well it will be in your file the CO saying she thinks your sister is your wife. So you may have an uphill battle and put in AP. Nothing you can do about it but wait.  You are still at the first stage USCIS you still have a long ways to go before interview.

1.Should we  call them again since it passed the time they gave us. When did you file your petition?
2.what are your advise to us? Nothing you can do but wait.
3. Do we even stand a chance? Not even going to guess. Not our call.
4. What other evidence do I have to add to my bachelor's certificate? That certificate means nothing. It's from Nigeria its truly worthless that's why it's not asked for or required.
5 do we have any red flags? Yes a CO thinking your sister is your wife.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.