Y3+E

Traveling w/Flight Insurance While Waiting for Oath Ceremony

2 posts in this topic

We had to cut our summer vacation short in the Dominican Republic because our oath ceremony was unexpectedly scheduled for early July -  just three weeks after our interview.  

We didn't think that our oath ceremony would held until August or September at the earliest.  

Fortunately, we paid $106 extra for the Allianz Global Assistance flight insurance offered when purchasing four American Airline tickets.

So, we had to purchase new flight tickets to return home two weeks earlier than planned for the oath ceremony.

We submitted a claim to Allianz to recoup the cost of our original return flight family tickets.  When submitting this claim, we included a copy of the N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony from DHS.  

Allianz recognized the N-445 as a "Legal Proceeding" and refunded our total airline $1400 ticket purchase cost today.

So, we recommend the Allianz flight insurance if you need to travel while waiting for your Oath Ceremony notification.  

You will need to submit a copy of your N-445 and "paid receipts" for both original and revised flight ticket costs.  Everything is done online, scanning and posting these travel docs on Allianz web site.  Easy to follow instructions provided at web site.

Wishing each of your a speedy interview and oath ceremony.  Thank you for helping us make it through this long and very often frustrating journey.  

I used them to thank God my last trip and ended up having to use it. I got sick and had to change my return flight for 3 days earlier and they refunded me all the cost for changing flights. They would have even refunded me the cost for my medical treatment there in the DR but I didn't bother because it was only about $100. I would have had to submit a claim to my ins company and get a denial then submit it to them. Seemed like more work then it was worth. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.