truskojr

K1 VISA Submitted DS-160 but didn't save

3 posts in this topic

Hello, my fiance and I had filled out the DS-160, submitted it, and paid the $265 fee.  I received a confirmation number and have that saved in my email.  We have scheduled the VAC and embassy interviews.

However, I did NOT save/print out the D6-160 application.  There is no way to access the application once submitted, but my fiance needs to bring it to his VAC appointment and I assume will need it for the interview.  

From searching around, it seems as though the only way to get the application is to create a brand new DS-160 confirmation number, save/print the form this time and re-submit.  It seems like I will NOT have to pay the fee again or reschedule the appointment, but my fiance can bring the saved DS-160 application and he'll probably bring both the original and updated confirmation numbers (just in case).

Does anyone have experience with this to confirm what I am doing ?

I tried searching around on this topic already but could not find the answer.

TIA!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, truskojr said:

Hello, my fiance and I had filled out the DS-160, submitted it, and paid the $265 fee.  I received a confirmation number and have that saved in my email.  We have scheduled the VAC and embassy interviews.

However, I did NOT save/print out the D6-160 application.  There is no way to access the application once submitted, but my fiance needs to bring it to his VAC appointment and I assume will need it for the interview.  

From searching around, it seems as though the only way to get the application is to create a brand new DS-160 confirmation number, save/print the form this time and re-submit.  It seems like I will NOT have to pay the fee again or reschedule the appointment, but my fiance can bring the saved DS-160 application and he'll probably bring both the original and updated confirmation numbers (just in case).

TIA!

The DS-160 is the same form for a tourist visa. I made the same mistake when my wife applied for a tourist visa back in December. I'm not sure about the K-1, but for a tourist visa it was possible to email the confirmation page to our emails. They allowed her to enter the embassy with just the confirmation page. Not sure if that helps, but as long as your spouse knows all the information that was submitted on the Ds-160, I don't think you need to bring the completed version to the embassy, just the confirmation page. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, truskojr said:

TIA!

For the K1 visa you only need the DS-160 confirmation page, not the whole application. 

In case you don't have that, you can retrieve it from the same site that you filled out the DS-160 form on (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/) fill out the location and code, then select "retrieve an application from the bottom right hand corner). Once you fill out all the information, there will be a pop-up stating that you can retrieve the confirmation page of the application you have already submitted!

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 4.23.56 PM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.