N400NYC

USCIS N400 Stats for Q1 2019: large numbers of backlogged cases = delayed interview dates

6 posts in this topic

See detailed stats at this link

Worst field offices in regards to number of backlogged cases:

Houston 36,000 (processing 7,500/quarter)

Dallas 32,000 (processing 9,000/quarter)

San Francisco 32,000 (processing 6,500/quarter)

New York City 32,000 (processing <5,000/quarter) -  at that rate it would take 18 months just to clear the backlogged cases 

Newark 26,000 (processing 7,500/quarter)

Queens 24,000 (processing 5,500/quarter)

Brooklyn 24,000  (processing <5,000/quarter)

I am not sure why NYC, Queens and Brooklyn have such dismal processing rates as compared with other field offices which have a similar number of backlogged cases. 

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

I wish I had been paying more attention to all of this a year ago. I would have left Manhattan and moved to a field office district with fasting processing times. Right now I am basically in one of the worst places to be in the USA if you are applying for citizenship. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, N400NYC said:

I wish I had been paying more attention to all of this a year ago. I would have left Manhattan and moved to a field office district with fasting processing times. Right now I am basically in one of the worst places to be in the USA if you are applying for citizenship. 

I wonder why are you in rush? Nothing is different from being a legal resident unless voting in next election is your dream :)

32 minutes ago, arman597 said:

I wonder why are you in rush? Nothing is different from being a legal resident unless voting in next election is your dream :)

Because my fiance lives in another country and being separated in this way is extremely painful. I can't do anything about that painful reality until I am citizen. That's the reason. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, N400NYC said:

Because my fiance lives in another country and being separated in this way is extremely painful. I can't do anything about that painful reality until I am citizen. That's the reason. 

Can't you travel abroad while your N400 application is pending? 

4 hours ago, arman597 said:

Can't you travel abroad while your N400 application is pending? 

Yes, but even with visits it's very stressful emotionally, financially and employment-wise. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.