Boo Rowe

Any July Filers for Family Here

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would like to know we have submitted papers to get my step son here.  Do anyone know how longer it takes to complete the first process and get him here to the USA?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ziggy & Boo said:

I would like to know we have submitted papers to get my step son here.  Do anyone know how longer it takes to complete the first process and get him here to the USA?

We just submitted papers on May 6th for my step daughter and we are still waiting for approval to move on to the NVC stage.  It looks like from other timelines its taking approximately 5 months for next step. Hope this helps.

Timeline
Just now, Ziggy & Boo said:

Thank you! Neil's Queen

So, you are saying about 5 months before he may get here or 5 months for first process? 

Unfortunately 5 months before you get the go ahead to move onto the next step which is NVC.  Your first step is to submit the I-130. You will receive a receipt (NOA1) once you submit the paperwork.  Then the approximate wait time to get your NVC approval (NOA2) to move to the next step is 5 months.  It's the same waiting game as it was with getting your spouse here.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ziggy & Boo said:

okay, great which that took 1 year.  We are hoping to get him here sooner.

I  hear ya! I have been praying all the time I can get my baby girl here sooner than the year.  Best wishes to you and your family!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, neilsqueen said:

I  hear ya! I have been praying all the time I can get my baby girl here sooner than the year.  Best wishes to you and your family!

Best of Luck to you guys as well. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.